What causes a circle of dead lawn grass?

/ What causes a circle of dead lawn grass? #22  
I our front yard is a 20 foot diameter circle of dead grass, about 6" across. It may be hard to see in picture but you clearly see in foreground dead lawn and it's really almost a perfect circle.
I've had my soil tested by agricultural laboratory and it came back excellent except a little high in nitrogen. Rest of lawn (over an acre) is fine. Septic lines and tank is way away in back yard. No underground wires, phone, AC, pipes, etc.
Over the years any bare spot I lightly raked, seeded, then thin layer of potting soil, straw on top & it does great.
I've seeded this, doesn't help. Any idea what causes this? It's weird. (Aliens? ).View attachment 758212
Looks like crop circles to me! If you look real hard I'm sure you can see the alien text running through the yard, or is that a self portrait from them?? 😉🙃🙂🙃😉

/ What causes a circle of dead lawn grass? #23  
Around here it is mole crickets, the wild turkeys and ducks love it when it rains, causes them to surface.

/ What causes a circle of dead lawn grass?
I got this at Ace Hardware yesterday. Bag says best to put down an hour before it rains, otherwise water.
An hour later it rained!

2022_08_15_11.28.08.jpg

/ What causes a circle of dead lawn grass? #25  
I think I found what it is by internet research.
This picture is not my lawn but found on the web.
We've had lots of hot days (90°F+), lots of rain and my soil a little high in nitrogen, all elements for Rhizoctonia solani to thrive.
There is a treatment and Ace Hardware is close by...hope they have it. Scott's lawn disease treatment.
Think that's it? ...thanks for opinions...View attachment 758231

Check this site out. That looks like it's caused by a fungus.

/ What causes a circle of dead lawn grass? #26  
Gub
I our front yard is a 20 foot diameter circle of dead grass, about 6" across. It may be hard to see in picture but you clearly see in foreground dead lawn and it's really almost a perfect circle.
I've had my soil tested by agricultural laboratory and it came back excellent except a little high in nitrogen. Rest of lawn (over an acre) is fine. Septic lines and tank is way away in back yard. No underground wires, phone, AC, pipes, etc.
Over the years any bare spot I lightly raked, seeded, then thin layer of potting soil, straw on top & it does great.
I've seeded this, doesn't help. Any idea what causes this? It's weird. (Aliens? ).View attachment 758212grubs? Moles, voles
Animal urine

/ What causes a circle of dead lawn grass? #27  
I've seeded this, doesn't help. Any idea what causes this? It's weird. (Aliens? ).View attachment 758212
Fairy Ring. It's a grass fungus.

/ What causes a circle of dead lawn grass? #29  
Old pool, previous tree, excess fertilizer leak, weed and feed leaking (father-in-law did this with an old sprayer and it dripped even when off), mower footprint.

/ What causes a circle of dead lawn grass?
Old pool, previous tree, excess fertilizer leak, weed and feed leaking (father-in-law did this with an old sprayer and it dripped even when off), mower footprint.
No....not I'm sure...