What could Yanmar improve?

/ What could Yanmar improve? #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
Each use reinforces the choice that I made with my YT347, it keeps pulling trough as being well executed.

I think that there are a few things that still could improve the buying - ownership experience. Mostly on their website. I think that an effective website goes a long way in leveling the playing field.

• Better product descriptions. Full specs with lots of info on loaders, backhoes, etc.
  • Owner's manuals.
  • Parts - at least a lookup - but how about full ordering like JDParts? This still can go through a dealer.
  • Accessories.

I actually like what is already in place.

/ What could Yanmar improve? #2  
Commit to marketing, PR, social media etc... the latest "news" post on the website is from August 2017. The site is very static and not comprehensive. It is kind of weird to have such a great product and not really make an effort to tell anybody about it. I went to the Great American Sportsman Show in Harrisburg PA last month and Yanmar had a woeful little space along a busy boulevard with two tractors jammed up against the wall and two guys in Yanmar polo shirts trying to field questions from a very interested outdoorsmen public. At first I thought they were selling tractor attachments and the tractors were props. Meanwhile Kubota and Mahindra flooded the zone with dedicated floor space, a lot of product set up to support outdoors activities, signage, flyers for a take-a-way, knowledgeable sales people and all of it supported by advertising announcing a spring sales event and incentives. Jeez does any brand have as strong a reputation for excellence as Yanmar in the grey market? And look how hard they work to disown and run away from that base of super brand loyalists. Right now Yanmar is thinking like a manufacturing company and needs to think like a marketing/sales company. The rear locking differential could be better executed in terms of understanding and engagement.

/ What could Yanmar improve? #3  
Yanmar has a history of going out of their way to shoot themselves in the foot marketing wise.

If you do a search, you'll find several threads I've posted on what they could do to make my very good LX410 a GREAT tractor....and several modifications I've already done to it to help it along in that direction.

/ What could Yanmar improve? #4  
Agreed with what is mentioned above. I have no idea what accessories are availabe for my YT59c other than what has been mentioned in this forum. I am sure I could allocate some funds to accessories but without a dealer close and no online support that money is going to other things.

Also, when I have forks on, I find it near impossible to see the tips of the forks and often need assistance so i don稚 stab what I am trying to pick up. I know this wasn稚 what they had in mind when designing the tractor but visibilty isn稚 great in that area. I am thinking a backup style camera mounted up front would be helpful. Something to look into.

/ What could Yanmar improve? #5  
Agreed with what is mentioned above. I have no idea what accessories are availabe for my YT59c other than what has been mentioned in this forum. I am sure I could allocate some funds to accessories but without a dealer close and no online support that money is going to other things.

Also, when I have forks on, I find it near impossible to see the tips of the forks and often need assistance so i don稚 stab what I am trying to pick up. I know this wasn稚 what they had in mind when designing the tractor but visibilty isn稚 great in that area. I am thinking a backup style camera mounted up front would be helpful. Something to look into.

Are you wanting to know what cab accessories are available I might be able to help?

/ What could Yanmar improve? #6  
It does seem they are a company ran by engineers. This is good in the sense that you are getting a great product but no sizzle to go along with it. I too thought their website was a joke and if I didn't already know of the great quality of Yanmar would have never returned to that entry level web developer site.

Marketing mixed with a great product = Kubota. Yanmar could fix this in six months.

/ What could Yanmar improve? #7  
I have to agree with the other contributors to this thread. The improvements need to be made on the marketing side. I would love to see another competitor enter the market that would be focused on quality first, then price. It will only make better products available to all of us. I hope the best for Yanmar in the North American market.

/ What could Yanmar improve? #8  
Are you wanting to know what cab accessories are available I might be able to help?

Sure, I think we all could benefit from a list of options/accessories/parts. I for one don稚 have a clue what is offered aside from rear facing lights and the right side step.

This illustrates owners frustrations. I am happy to go through a dealer but Yanmar would sell much more parts and accessories if the consumer knew what is available, preferably online.

/ What could Yanmar improve?
Sure, I think we all could benefit from a list of options/accessories/parts. I for one don't have a clue what is offered aside from rear facing lights and the right side step.

That step is a perfect example. Unless I am mistaken, it is incompatible with the third function on the SCV. That is the kind of information that needs to be there.

I paid $75 for the left fender 'toolbox' despite there being no information. It is nice; but desperately needs a covered section. I am not upset; Yanmar could do better.

Still love the tractor and the great folks that support it!

/ What could Yanmar improve? #10  
Sure, I think we all could benefit from a list of options/accessories/parts. I for one don稚 have a clue what is offered aside from rear facing lights and the right side step.

This illustrates owners frustrations. I am happy to go through a dealer but Yanmar would sell much more parts and accessories if the consumer knew what is available, preferably online.

Some of the acc. for the cab of your YT359C, radio, rearview mirror,sunvisor, rear window defrost, rear window wiper/washer,substep, rear led work lights. These are some that I am aware of, hope this helps.

Bob