What damage does running gasoline in a tractor cause?

/ What damage does running gasoline in a tractor cause? #11  
Diesel injectors are a 'pop off valve' and nothing will flow through them until it hits a certain minimum pressure which is probably close to or over 1000psi. So NOTHING will flow through the injectors if the lines are cracked open a good bit. Fully removing the lines from the injectors is probably not necessary and honestly if you're new to messing with such things, removing them just gives you a chance to crossthread them on the way back on (since the hardlines don't always line back up 100.00% percent and need to be flexed a bit to restart the fittings), a chance which doesn't exist if you never fully remove them. :)

/ What damage does running gasoline in a tractor cause? #12  
It'll be okay once you have drained the gas out. Diesels are built to run on a bit of pre-ignition. That's kinda how they function. :)

/ What damage does running gasoline in a tractor cause? #13  
Thank you for the reply...
well there was very little diesel left in the tank, so if it got to the engine it was pretty high, but it only ran for a second or two...
You ultimately make the call. Get all the gas you can out before the injector pump. The risk is to the pump more than the engine. I would not crack the lines to the injectors if it were mine, but, unless you break something, it won't hurt either.

Order is important;

Drain all fuel, all the way to the IP.
remove the filter
Fill with diesel.
let diesel run out filter input for a bit
install new filter
let fuel run out IP input for a bit
connect all lines
follow air purge directions
fire it up, get back to work with a good story
good on you for shutting down quickly

Best,

ed

/ What damage does running gasoline in a tractor cause? #14  
Don't forget to put the gas in your car don't want to
waste any!!!

willy

/ What damage does running gasoline in a tractor cause? #15  
The proof is how the engine performs in the next 50 to 100 hours.

I was at my Kubota dealer and a new less than 10 hour BX torn down...

I asked and learned the owners son filled the first fill after delivery with 5 gallons of gasoline and ran until it sized...

The good thing is you caught it early...

/ What damage does running gasoline in a tractor cause? #16  
gotcha. Thank you. Should i remove the fuel lines completely from the injectors while cranking? I imagine i dont want to introduce more gas there.... ?
\
No, just open them maybe 1/2 turn. After you drain the tank, supply lines, re fill filter, bleed air from tank to pump. Hot battery and crank on it until fuel comes out at loose injector lines.