What Did You Accomplish in 2013?

/ What Did You Accomplish in 2013? #11  
Biggest project for me was finishing rebuilding our fence around 1.5 acres of woods/yard that was severely damaged by a tornado a couple years ago. It shouldn't have taken a couple years, but the main reason for having a fence was to keep our dog in the yard. He died the same year the tornado came through. He was 14 so he had a good run. A couple years passed and we were ready for a new dog, which meant fence building. Of course a month after we finished it a big pine came down on it and I had to repair that.

In the process I put in a new gate that connects the trails inside and outside the fence. Also lets me drive the tractor to the back trails without going through the yard.

I got in some good practice box blading the driveway to where I have a system down now and can have it looking almost new in about 20 minutes.

Had some trees & stumps removed from the side yard and regraded and planted that area - hope the grass makes it through next summer.

For next year my big goal is to build a bridge over a small creek that runs through our property. Not sure yet if the bridge will be built to allow the tractor to cross or not. Maybe just a foot bridge - maybe more.

fencing.jpgnew gate.jpgMax 1.jpg

/ What Did You Accomplish in 2013? #12  
Built my Tractor House

Attachments

• 2013_0703day60006.jpg
    2013_0703day60006.jpg
    845.9 KB · Views: 262
  • 2013_0912Massey1350004.jpg
    2013_0912Massey1350004.jpg
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 248
   / What Did You Accomplish in 2013? #13  
I had a big pile in a corner of one of my fields that the previous owner had left. I think there had been a building there that collapsed, then over time other junk was thrown on -- stumps, rocks, fence posts, whatever. The previous owner died in 1996, so it had been there a while, and was pretty grown over. This year I cleaned it up. I started in March and worked intermittently until July.

I would drive into the pile with forks, pick out a lump of junk and then hand sort it. Anything metal or glass went to be recycled. Anything wood that wasn't treated or painted went to a burn pile. Rocks were taken to be used in a stone wall. Concrete was separated out and I'll be sending a load to the concrete recycler. Everything else went into a dumpster -- 7,000 lbs when it was taken away. All sorts of junk -- the remains of a building, carpet, a ping pong table, stuffed animals. A whole lot of broken fence posts, barbed wire and electric fence wire. There were some balls I thought were weathered squash balls that turned out to be turtle eggs! And a whole lot that defied identification.

A lot of the pile was just dirt, and once all the junk was gone I smoothed it with the box blade. By summer's end the grass had grown over and you almost couldn't tell it had ever been there. I'm sure I'll get flat tires every time I mow it for years to come!

/ What Did You Accomplish in 2013? #14  
Got the MMM down from it's storage rack and used it to cut lawn. My back is still thanking me. JD lawn mower is not very kind to my back.

/ What Did You Accomplish in 2013? #15  
Hmm.... the regular maintenance of crop and grounds keeping aside we:

torn down three outbuildings
dug and finished (moving rocks) a koi-"less" pond
regraded and finished for fencing around a pool
dug and finished a pad for a new outbuilding
moved tons of dirt and gravel in the process....

and did I mention - burn piles?

/ What Did You Accomplish in 2013? #16  
Flash flood July cause over 11K in damage,Kubota w/FEL & rear blade sure came in handy clean up and helping w/driveway repair.

/ What Did You Accomplish in 2013? #17  
I bought my first real tractor (LS 41 HP with FEL & Land Pride 7' BB) at the end of Oct. so I didn't have much time to get anything done besides firewood before winter, but I am having fun plowing snow. I plan on buying some type of stump bucket before spring to dig out 3 stumps that are in the way of a concrete project I want to do. Although I didn't get much done this year I have a lot of plans for next year!

image.jpg

/ What Did You Accomplish in 2013? #18  
Finally bought my tractor this year. Most memorable moment other than taking delivery was using the loader to lift a rebuilt LSx engine into the back of my pickup on a pallet to ship it to Georgia. Hated to see it go, but at least I didn't have to rig something up to lift it :thumbsup:

/ What Did You Accomplish in 2013? #19  
Biggest project for me was finishing rebuilding our fence around 1.5 acres of woods/yard that was severely damaged by a tornado a couple years ago. It shouldn't have taken a couple years, but the main reason for having a fence was to keep our dog in the yard. He died the same year the tornado came through. He was 14 so he had a good run. A couple years passed and we were ready for a new dog, which meant fence building. Of course a month after we finished it a big pine came down on it and I had to repair that.

In the process I put in a new gate that connects the trails inside and outside the fence. Also lets me drive the tractor to the back trails without going through the yard.

I got in some good practice box blading the driveway to where I have a system down now and can have it looking almost new in about 20 minutes.

Had some trees & stumps removed from the side yard and regraded and planted that area - hope the grass makes it through next summer.

For next year my big goal is to build a bridge over a small creek that runs through our property. Not sure yet if the bridge will be built to allow the tractor to cross or not. Maybe just a foot bridge - maybe more.

View attachment 351021View attachment 351022View attachment 351023

Interesting, I've never heard of Lansing, NC until just now. Googled it, seems like a pretty place.

/ What Did You Accomplish in 2013? #20  
Here's someone else from Lansing, NC . Lansing is a neat little town, I actually live in Sturgills, part of the Helton community, which is a suburb of Lansing :) (Lansing might have a couple of hundred people, so small they took out our stoplight this year) Mostly used my tractor--BCS 725 to move mulch, firewood, and work the garden.