What did you do for your tractor today?

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #21  
1600 pounds ! That is no small change. What does the tractor weight before the fill?
Per the specs 4991 with loader. Tire size just ate up a lot of gallons. 60 per rear and 20 per front. Significantly improved how stable it feels IMO

/ What did you do for your tractor today?
no more than 75% full..right? (y) I've run filled tires for 20 plus years in 2 machines... great traction enhancement

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #23  
no more than 75% full..right? (y) I've run filled tires for 20 plus years in 2 machines... great traction enhancement
Yep. I didn't sit there and count the gallons as they went in but what they charged me for was right at what the Rim Guard online calculator called for. That and the 275 gallon liquid tote they had the stuff in was about 1/3 full when they finished so it's got to be close...

Finished up a little grading project I started yesterday involving some culvert maintenance and gave her a rinse.

Attachments

• IMG_2876.JPG
    IMG_2876.JPG
    435.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2878.JPG
    IMG_2878.JPG
    386.2 KB · Views: 155
   / What did you do for your tractor today? #25  
Put on the tire chains to be ready for the snow season. 70 degrees on Nov 6th is so very unusual but also so very welcome. Don't do well trying to work with numb fingers.

AMazon brought my remote battery terminal kit. While the 'kit' was a bust I ended up using the terminals and making 4g battery cobles to hook it up. Then tested em using the re-fuelign pump. Success.

Attachments

• IMG_2881.JPG
    IMG_2881.JPG
    296.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2884.JPG
    IMG_2884.JPG
    395.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2885.JPG
    IMG_2885.JPG
    339.3 KB · Views: 192
I ordered another grab handle to mount behind the cupholder for when I'm doing a lot of work behind with the 3 way gannon

Started my control modifications. Having moved the seat up a little helps but exaggerated the need to improve the 3 remote and bucket control levers.
Dear Kubota putting shrinkwrap over the end of a piece of flat stock is not a handle! Handles on order.
added 2 or 3 bends in the draft lever for more knee room when twisting around in the seat to see backwards... more to come.

Attachments

• IMG_2893.JPG
    IMG_2893.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2900.JPG
    IMG_2900.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2903.JPG
    IMG_2903.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 141
Got the first of the new control knobs. These little fellers will go on the 3 rear remotes. They measure 1" diameter. The insert thread is 1/2 by 13.
Thinking about racking them up short to tall left to right in the order the most Used (Top, Tilt, Rippers). Top = tallest and furthest away from the seat.

Attachments

• IMG_2904.JPG
    IMG_2904.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2905.JPG
    IMG_2905.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 102
   / What did you do for your tractor today? #30  
Well.day before yesterday was the big "get ready for snow" day.
Put the front blower on the Kubota, clamped the edge tamers on the front bucket of the Hurlimann. Grunted the back blade on to the 3pth too. Put the Bolens angle plow into service. READY!

All I did today was write myself a note to put some fuel conditioner into the two compression ignition tractor tanks before it gets cold.

I hope I don't misplace that note! ;-)