What did you do on the first day of retirement?

/ What did you do on the first day of retirement? #281  
I'm more of a night person too... always been that way... getting up this past years at 3:45 am has turned my life around... not the getting up or getting the job done... thought I would have lots of time after my shift but this is totally consumed taking care of Mom...

I think if I was retired it would only be worse... things have a propensity to expand to the time and space available...

Can't picture retirement anymore... as working does provide some order which is good when floating in ciaos...

/ What did you do on the first day of retirement? #282  
I find that quite interesting. I always felt that the Section 179 clause was an invaluable tool for depreciation in and of itself, but maybe that is only available for farmers???

Myself, it will be interesting to see what the new new tax plan does for my farm. At this point I am neither for, nor against it. It is just now I will not be allowed to deduct my full property taxes as the limit is set at $10,000. That means what I could fully deduct before, the remaining property taxes is a non-deductible expense, and while the tax rate is lower, that may help or hurt me depending on what sort of year I have. Considering the inverted nature of a farm...that is buying most things at retail prices and selling them at wholesale prices and somehow managing to get a profit, means I tend to have plenty of deductions year to year.

And that is only one provision of the new tax code. It will be interesting to see how the Law of Unintended Consequences plays out on this radical tax plan in the coming years.

Section 179 is used for business to expense the cost for certain equipment, etc purchases in the first year of ownership. It's accelerated depreciation.