What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #101  
Just a few small jobs done with the 4540 today, moving some Maple rounds from a wind damaged tree and dug up a few small stumps from our new winter plow zone. 100_0579.JPG100_0580.JPG100_0581.JPG100_0582.JPG

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #102  
At least I made it 10 hours before I broke something.

Welcome to the club! We call this "adding character" to your tractor. I sheared off the left tail light assembly when I turned too sharp, pulling a drag and harrow. Connecting chain to the center hitch clevis, got caught on the rear tire and brought the drag up, sheared off the tail light, almost hit me (thank God for the roll bar) and proceeded to wrap the chain around the axle. I had to cut the chain in order to free it up.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #103  
spent <$100 on parts and put led lights on my 2555. WOW what a difference! THanks to other members for great ideas. I used 4 magnets and mounted 120W bar light facing forward ( combo flood and spot) and two 27W each facing rear. I bought 2 switches online for couple bucks each that light up when lights are on. Bought 6 12V relays for 10 bucks.wire loom, 12 gauge wire. zip tied the wiring to rear of roll bar so wouldn't get caught in branches.

first pic is factory headlights only IMG_0901.JPG. second pic is 120W led light only IMG_0902.JPG. third pic is both factory headlights and led light IMG_0899.JPG.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #104  
I dug a few small stumps up and then grabbed some sand to fill the holes. I then switched to the pallet forks so I could grab a few loads of pine branches so I could burn since it's wet out.

We've had the 4540 since last August without a problem, I think the hour meter was at 234 or 235 at the end of today.

100_0590.JPG100_0592.JPG100_0593.JPG100_0596.JPG100_0597.JPG100_0600.JPG

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?
On sunday I was clearing the leaves next to my driveway using the York Rake.

I own a flag lot.

One neighbor came out and gave me crap about going on their property. Except I wasn't on their property, I was on mine. They misunderstood the property lines.

And I was CLEANING THE AREA UP.

Gotta love busy bodies.

The conversation ended with me saying "Do not ever speak to me again. If you believe I am on your property I encourage you to hire a surveyor, as I did."

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #107  
Please be careful, this seems VERY suspicious. I would not follow the link

It is simple to hover over the link, see that it goes to the URL qualtrics.com... Doing a simple web search on the term "qualtrics" shows that it is a fully legitimate survey research company that assists companies and organizations collect input about various topics. I think the link itself is low risk. What information they are asking for may not be, so as with any "grown-up activity", choose what you say and do carefully.

I run Linux so I'm not worried about a malicious website. I started the survey out of curiosity. It was pretty long. When they started asking personal questions about income, marital status, etc. I quit without finishing it.

Security through obscurity is not security. Using Linux doesn't make you immune to the effects of malicious websites. Quite the opposite in fact; So far for 2017 the Linux Kernel is #2 on the list of "Overall number of distinct vulnerabilities". See here: Top 5 products having highest number of cve security vulnerabilities in 217

If you can secure Linux, you're almost as well off as if you can secure Windows. It requires a lot more work to secure Linux, and a lot more research and work to maintain that security. If you are capable, that is great... You really shouldn't be acting like using Linux is a fix for anything, because that is totally false.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #108  
I moved a stack of pallets out of the barn yesterday with the 3550. Then retrieved three bucket loads of dirt to continue leveling things off at the right grade. Hopefully I will get the chains on the rear wheels within the next week.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #109  
so, after around 400 hrs and seven years, I had to do a repair on my 5530. The bolts that hold the wheel to the tire rim, backed off a little. I heard some funny noise from the front when turning. I took the factory supplied lug tool and tightened the loose bolts (all the way around machine since i had tool out.), all is good now.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #110  
Unloaded a small pallet of feed from Lancaster Ag. Glad I bought the pallet forks.