What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?
Put on the snow chains, mounted and tested the snowblower. Fully ready for winter.

Also prepped my Mule. Mounted a salt spreader, put doors on and put on chains, front and rear.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #443  
The loader hydraulic lines run across and above a tube. I've ocasionally have rocks and such roll over the top of the bucket. Nothing has hit the lines yet, but a few times it was close. I just keep imagining the lines getting dammaged. Using a 4" wide 3/16" thick scrap sheet I cut it to 25" long. For the front edge I used an 3/16" 1"x1" angle. Welded the angle on top of the sheet metal to form a protective lip that covers the lines. The welding is not the best but I was able to clean it up and paint it. Turned out to be real sturdy.

Attachments

• 20181202_144034.jpg
    20181202_144034.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 125
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #444  
:thumbsup: Good job! Painted red, folk would think it was factory.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #445  
It was raining hard so I didn't take the camera but we (the wife helped) took the trees in the Brook out this morning with the Mahindra 4540 with a cable,d-shackles,snatch blocks with two tree savers. Once I made a cut in the trees it was very easy to drag them up the bank with the tractor.

The rain has turned over to snow so I'm heading back out so I can check our property for any downed trees across the trails.

Attachments

• 101_2084.JPG
    101_2084.JPG
    842.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 101_2083.JPG
    101_2083.JPG
    869.1 KB · Views: 113
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #446  
Completed the FEL accessories: Hooks and D-rings

The 3/8" hooks I bought earlier this year, the rings just last week. For the hooks I used 1/2" bolts and backing plates. The rating is way above the loader capabilities.

The D-rings are just to keep large items in place while in the bucket. They are light duty rated at 3k lbs but they'll only see about 500lbs. The pic is just of one side...

20181202_124446.jpg

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #447  
I didn't do anything with mine today, This is day 8 that it has been in the shop.... I sure could have used it today too...

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #448  
I have my little one in traing now. She really had a blast.
🤠20181205_152740.jpeg

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #449  
I didn't do anything will mine again today... This is day 15 that it has been in the shop.... I sure could have used it today its snowing.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #450  
NC got some snow this past weekend. Our 6" turned into 3" of slush/ice mix by the time I went out to shovel. I usually just shovel out our small driveway by hand but each shovel full was 20lbs. After a few hundred I said eff this. Took the tooth bar off the FEL and had the driveway done in 10 min. The plow (only one in the town) came by later and deposited 3' round slush balls which had to be cleared for me to get out. A couple of those babies had to be lifted in pieces they were so heavy! I took pity on the old couple across the street and cleared what the plow brought them too.