What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #61  
Ran my box blade up and down my driveway 4 times! It was much needed. Before & after pics IMG_4044.JPGIMG_4046.JPG

Still not perfect, but my tractor died, so it's good enough for now!

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #62  
Friday I cut low hanging limbs from several trees then used brush grapple to pickup and stack in burn pile. So glad my wife insisted I buy a grapple. Her first choice for a tractor was the 2538 with a land levelor/grader blade. I know I made a good choice 46 years ago. Also mowed about 2 acres. Then watched US Little League Championship. Team from Lufkin, Tx are now US champs and will play Japan for World Championships today.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #63  
This was actually yesterday, I'm taking today off to thank the good Lord for everything having worked out ok.

I have a small meadow that is about 6 acres and on a rather extreme north facing hillside. Weather has kept parts of my land too wet to cut all year, so I have stayed off that part. This hill is so steep that most of the year, it shades itself. There are only a couple weeks during the peak of summer where the sun actually hits the ground. Well that time has passed. I'm already down to sun striking the lower third of it for about an hour or two per day.

I probably should have left it... It was a SLOW process. Some places were fine, but others were damp enough there was very little traction. At one end of the meadow, I think the tires carried away more than the mower was cutting.

At one point I got myself into a bad pickle setting sideways on some well churned mud along a large enough drop to roll me over. One of the rear tires was teetering off the ground slightly. Only reason it didn't go over at that point was the slack in the 3pt pulled tight and lifted on the rotary cutter. I very slightly and slowly lifted the cutter with the 3pt to ensure I had as much weight on the tire as I possible. Any forward or reverse movement was going to take me over the edge. I was about to try to climb down from the tractor and go get my truck and chains and other such rigging to find a way to hold the tractor upright while getting it away from the ledge. I stepped on the brake to set the parking brake and remembered I'd had the pedals unlocked. As I started to reach for the pedals to lock them, the front of the tractor slid a bit. I was quickly losing confidence that I could climb down and the tractor stay where it was. I decided to just try to use the brake on the lower side (the side with all the weight) while turning the steering wheel to get the front end to slide down over the ledge and rotate the tractor into a path with less rollover risk.

Thankfully all worked out free of damage or injury.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #64  
That was a close one glad it worked out for you. It could of gone bad in so many ways.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #65  
Yea, when you get into a spot where the simple act of turning the steering wheel a couple degrees causes the front to slide sideways a couple feet. I walked up today and took a picture of it, the picture is unimpressive.

WP_20170827_12_31_11_Pro%20(2).jpg

WP_20170827_12_31_11_Pro.jpg

Second shows where I was. You can't really tell from the picture, but there is about a good sized ledge along the "road" that coupled with the slope, would have dropped me on my side into the road had it went badly.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #66  
Thanx to screamin400, I installed my cruise control kit today on my 2538. Piece of cake. Took about 20 minutes. Plug and play.

Works great. Would highly recommend it for those of you with HST and a lot of mowing/grading to do.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #67  
Sysop I think a lot of us have had scary times and need to take a little while to get our nerves settled. Last year I was cutting sides of the road in a hunting club and there were a lot of overgrown washouts I was going slow but didn't see one till it was right under the right step of tractor. I don't know how front tire missed it but I was already at a pretty good tilt with canal right beside me. I lifted mower up and gently backed up and out but the washout was about four feet deep and it went to the canal. That scared the mess out of me and we all know all it takes is one mistake

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #68  
Took my new 6' landscape rake out for a spin on the drive and access road to the property. Really helps to pull the gravel back up onto the road from the shoulders.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?
I used my 2538 to side my house. More accurately, I used the forks to transport the boards for board and batten. I also used the forks as saw horses. It has actually been 4 days of this, but made a lot of progress.

I the used the grapple to gather a bunch of deadfall and brush and am sitting around a nice fire made from that stuff.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?
Thanx to screamin400, I installed my cruise control kit today on my 2538. Piece of cake. Took about 20 minutes. Plug and play.

Works great. Would highly recommend it for those of you with HST and a lot of mowing/grading to do.

Can you please elaborate? Would love to add the cruise to mine.