What did you do with your Power Trac today?

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #162  
I keep forgetting all the little things I have on my PT. I had a load of rock coming and my dump trailer was in the way. Jumped off the tractor and headed to the truck... And then it hits me... WTF... I got a swiss army knife. Just swap the bucket for the trailer hitch thingy you made you idiot.... While it is a bit goofy and you gotta think through each move, it honestly took me less than a minute to get it out of the way, would have taken a half hour with the truck and my inexperience...

Attachments

• Trailer - 1.jpeg
    Trailer - 1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 134
   / What did you do with your Power Trac today?
Nice flat ground. The other day I did basically the same thing, only it was to pull a trailer backward up a steep hill. Everything went fine and when I went to change the implement, I noticed THAT I FORGOT TO LOCK THE IMPLEMENT ON. That was because I put the tow adapter on by hand with the machine's engine off, so I said to myself the I will lock it on later when I go to use it....not.
Gotta keep your wits about you, if you see mine let me know where I left um.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #164  
I keep forgetting all the little things I have on my PT. I had a load of rock coming and my dump trailer was in the way. Jumped off the tractor and headed to the truck... And then it hits me... WTF... I got a swiss army knife. Just swap the bucket for the trailer hitch thingy you made you idiot.... While it is a bit goofy and you gotta think through each move, it honestly took me less than a minute to get it out of the way, would have taken a half hour with the truck and my inexperience...
Yep. I keep a trailer hitch in my 2" receiver welded to a QA plate handy. I have a car hauler trailer that's too long on my Suburban to get into the back yard. So I ditch the Suburban and pick up the trailer hitch on the PT425 and move it where I need it. Works great and takes a whopping 15 seconds to ditch whatever attachment is on the PT and pick up that hitch. I also use it to move my log splitter and a boat trailer. Fantastic! (y)

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #165  
Ditto, I find that there are parking jobs that I can do with the PT that I can't do with a vehicle. Move a trailer around the acute corner of a "Y"? Easy peazy.

I didn't think I would use the receiver much, but it certainly earns its keep, many times over.

All the best,

Peter

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #166  
I learned about pushing trailers when I worked at the airport back in the early 80s moving airplanes. You face the plane you're towing, so you have to look over your shoulder. However, you're also facing the plane you're pushing into the hanger. So much easier to see what you're doing VS backing up a trailer!

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #167  
Getting things ready to move some rock.
Checking motors are tight.
IMG_1098.JPG

Now some spring cleaning.

IMG_1099.JPG

IMG_1100.JPG

Put this right where i can kneel on it, and know i'm still alive.
IMG_1101.JPG

Now for some grease on stirring ram.
IMG_1102.JPG

First load of rock, for rock wall. I'm guessing a few hundred pounds, PT want's to pucker when cranked all the way.
IMG_1103.JPG

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today?
Some smart guy once said "take care of your equipment and it will take care of you", or something along those lines.

Good job.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #170  
Getting things ready to move some rock.
Checking motors are tight.
View attachment 700098
Now some spring cleaning.

View attachment 700099

View attachment 700100

Put this right where i can kneel on it, and know i'm still alive.
View attachment 700101

Now for some grease on stirring ram.
View attachment 700103

First load of rock, for rock wall. I'm guessing a few hundred pounds, PT want's to pucker when cranked all the way.
View attachment 700104
Those are great pictures. I was wondering if your machine came stock with the steering cylinder underneath the footplate?