What did you first drive?

/ What did you first drive? #11  
I remember driving several, but don't recall which was actually "first". We had a John Deere 4040, John Deere "H" and a Farmall "Super C".

/ What did you first drive? #12  
I have driven three tractors. Two I bought...
1) Ford 8N - Made a couple laps around the barn on a friends old 8N. My first drive on a tractor... Basically a slow joy ride.
2) Kubota B8200 - My first tractor, and primary workhorse around our 5 acres. It's a great tractor, and a good workhorse.
3) Farmall A - My second tractor. Mostly I tow a trailer with it, either a small utility trailer, or a 16' flatbed when we go in a parade. The Farmall has much more character than the Kubota, and is my favorite. But, since I have no attachments right now, it does not do anything that challenges it in the least.

/ What did you first drive? #13  
First for me is unidentified. It was either a Ford 9N or Ferguson on similar type. On my local scout camp. It was only for a short distance but down hill a little with one brake. I had to stand on it to stop.

When I purchase my propety (7acres) I bought a 54' 8N. Did a lot of work with it. Mowing, blading, and post-holes.

Replaced with an IH 574 with a 7' mower. Great combo. Cut mowing time nearly in half. Not as tiring.

Replaced the IH with an L2500. I needed a front loader and the ability to get into tighter areas. I can also haul it on my trailer with out being over the weight limit and it fits better.

I will miss the fast mowing of the IH. But I guess I have to comprimise somehow.

/ What did you first drive? #14  
I think I was about 8 or 9 at the time, but Dad finally gave in and let me drive the 51 Ferguson TO35. He still has it and it runs great.

/ What did you first drive? #15  
My first tractor experience was with an L model John Deere (Dad thought it was about a 1940 model, but may have been a 1938).

/ What did you first drive? #17  
I'm not sure they made a Deere L in Red /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif
Check Ebay; they're out there fairly often... There's one there now..
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1844886596>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1844886596</A>

/ What did you first drive? #18  
I went IHCrules because IHCJOHNDEEREFORDNEWHOLLANDKUBOTAMASSEYFERGUSONALLISCHALMERSrules would be too long... Ha. Ha.

/ What did you first drive? #19  
Oh yeah. I also should include that: not only do I wish I could get my paws on one, but also, I wish I could convince my wife of the reasons why I would need ANOTHER tractor. So far, she hasn't been too recptive of the idea.