WHAT DID YOU SAY!?

/ WHAT DID YOU SAY!? #11  
I went through two sets of expensive hearing aids (both at Costco) with poor results. This year I tried several "hearing amplifiers" and found a couple that work better, for a lot lower price. That is not a recommendation--each case is different.

/ WHAT DID YOU SAY!? #12  
I got my first Beltones on 5/8/92; yep, been wearing hearing aids for about 27 years with my hearing gradually getting worse and worse. My hearing is now classified as "profound". I turn the TV a little louder than my wife would, but even so, I don't watch TV that isn't closed captioned. And with the TV blaring, I can take out my hearing aids and I won't hear a sound AT ALL. So, if you can prevent hearing loss, but sure and do so.

/ WHAT DID YOU SAY!? #13  
I ended up having to get hearing aids this year. They help a lot. In my case, I lost the high end and low end frequencies and was only hearing the middle range. That means I was hearing only parts of words which makes conversation very difficult. There are hearing aids that are controlled via bluetooth and can have different "programs" which can be controlled by an iphone. Makes it easier to match the hearing aid response to the environment.

/ WHAT DID YOU SAY!? #14  
My hearing loss is mostly in the same range as my wife's voice; especially when she's in the garage and I'm in the bedroom. :rolleyes:

/ WHAT DID YOU SAY!? #15  
Years ago I remember the lady conducting the hearing test getting up, walking over to me and pull the head phones off my head while shouting, you had to hear that cause I heard it over there. Some frequencies are totally gone. I blame it on climate change
LOL.

My left is getting worse. I had a hard time hearing coworkers yesterday with a lot of bsckground noise going.

/ WHAT DID YOU SAY!? #16  
My hearing loss is mostly in the same range as my wife's voice; especially when she's in the garage and I'm in the bedroom. :rolleyes:

Sounds like me. I've become my dad, except he got hearing aids later in life when he remarried to a blind woman. She told him to go get them!

I have a lot of tinnitus and know I've lost a lot of hearing. If there's a lot of background noise, I cannot hear the near conversations, especially higher pitched voices.

I've always worn hearing protection on the tractor, out shooting, etc. but probably rock concerts when I was young and working in server rooms for 10 years didn't help.

/ WHAT DID YOU SAY!? #17  
I turn the TV a little louder than my wife would, but even so, I don't watch TV that isn't closed captioned. And with the TV blaring, I can take out my hearing aids and I won't hear a sound AT ALL.

Bird, and any others that have trouble hearing the TV, especially the flatscreen with small speakers, this Wireless TV Speaker @ Sharper Image remote tv speaker works great. You don't have to blast out the whole room to hear the TV.

Also Costco has an option device that connects to the tv and you can get the tv sound directly to your hearing aids wirelessly.

Last edited:
   / WHAT DID YOU SAY!? #18  
The one concert I went to in my life, my ears were "screaming" when it was over. I did not know to bring earplugs. I vowed to never go to another one. And I haven't. They turn the volume way past "insane", because the rockers are so deaf they can't hear it. And soon the whole crowd is deaf. I don't get it and probably never will. Anyone that lets their child go to a rock concert is "insane" in my book.

/ WHAT DID YOU SAY!? #19  
I’m deaf. Seriously, like stone deaf. Where does that put me?

Gotta go, I think my wife’s calling me.

/ WHAT DID YOU SAY!? #20  
Bird, and any others that have trouble hearing the TV, especially the flatscreen with small speakers, this Wireless TV Speaker @ Sharper Image remote tv speaker works great. You don't have to blast out the whole room to hear the TV.

Also Costco has an option device that connects to the tv and you can get the tv sound directly to your hearing aids wirelessly.
My son has the costco device and loves it. He can actually hear movies now.