Ballast What do 4310 wheel weights look like?

/ What do 4310 wheel weights look like? #1  

mfreund

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4310 eHydro,
After a fruitless search through the archives, What do the wheel weights for a 4310 with r 4 tires look like? I want, not need (thanks for correcting me honey), more weight for the rear tires for loader work in the winter. I have thought of making a bracket and adding the weight to the box blade, but would like to look around. I would like to remove them in summer to run the mower. The r4 tires are such a hard rubber that when cold they are like steel wheels.

My hope is to find a set on a used tractor at a dealer or on eBay. Thanks for the help! :)

/ What do 4310 wheel weights look like? #2  
I looked on Deere parts and it shows both 24" wheel sizes and 16=17" wheel sizes. Should indicate what you need to know.

/ What do 4310 wheel weights look like? #3  
Hi Mfreund:

I cannot find anything to suggest wheel weights for R4 tires look any different than wheel weights for R1 or Turf Tires. However, the wheel size (diameter) does have a significant affect. The bigger wheel supports a bigger weight.

There are pictures of both wheel weight kits available for the 4310 on page 36 of this manual (PDF Format - Free Adobe PDF Reader software required).

I hope this helps.

Sidenote: The same web site has an interesting error page. I think every tractor web site should use this.

-Bill

Last edited:
   / What do 4310 wheel weights look like?
Thank you both very much. That answers my question. I wanted to look up the part number and price it but the number is no longer valid. Well, I need a oil filter to change the oil before winter. I guess I will ask while I am there!!

/ What do 4310 wheel weights look like? #5  
Hi Mfreund:

I cannot find anything to suggest wheel weights for R4 tires look any different than wheel weights for R1 or Turf Tires. However, the wheel size (diameter) does have a significant affect. The bigger wheel supports a bigger weight.

There are pictures of both wheel weight kits available for the 4310 on page 36 of this manual (PDF Format - Free Adobe PDF Reader software required).

I hope this helps.

Sidenote: The same web site has an interesting error page. I think every tractor web site should use this.

-Bill

GoodAfternoon Bill,
Is there a WEB page such as the one here for the 4520? Lot more information than was in my manual.
Thanks,
Jim

/ What do 4310 wheel weights look like? #6  
Hi Jim:

Please tell me if this helps (Free PDF viewer required) at all. Unfortunately, it is not as detailed as the standard 4000 series (not TWENTY series) manual I posted for Mfreund.

-Bill

/ What do 4310 wheel weights look like? #7  
Hi Jim:

Please tell me if this helps (Free PDF viewer required) at all. Unfortunately, it is not as detailed as the standard 4000 series (not TWENTY series) manual I posted for Mfreund.

-Bill

Bill.....That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much....Jim