What do I need to prep rusted pipe fence for paint

/ What do I need to prep rusted pipe fence for paint #11  
You cant paint whats in the ground so it will rust upwards anyways.

Best is to disassemble, galvanise and reassemble. That makes it good for 30 years

/ What do I need to prep rusted pipe fence for paint #12  
If it's just rust bloom and not flaking, then I'd just paint over it with the following:

Wrought'n Harv, another member on here taught me about mixing Rustoleum rusty metal primer with the Rustoleum brown leather top coat in a 1:1 ratio as a single step paint system that lasts. That's all I've used for the last 2 years on all my pipe fencing. It goes on easily with a paint mitt, lasts and is easy to touch up if needed. It's a nice rustic look and if any rust starts to develop, it doesn't look bad.

If you're planning on a fancy look that requires a colored top coat, then I'd suggest you go "all-in" with a complete metal prep, zinc rich epoxy primer and then an epoxy top coat. If not, then the system listed above is about the best I've found.

/ What do I need to prep rusted pipe fence for paint #13  
Try Black Star Rust Converter MROChem: We Have Your Chemical Solutions!
Can use just this with a pressure washing no wire brushing! This stuff needs no topcoat or apply your favorite color. Used on truck frame couple months back and waiting to see what the winter will do to it. Used on off shore oil rigs, so has to be pretty tough!

I agree totally after years of dealing with various rusted items- like water tanks, pipes etc. Remove any flaking rust with a wire brush but leave any other mildly rusted areas intact - the rust converter needs it to complete the chemical process. Don't overdo the converter - just wipe or brush it on, then leave it for a few hours to do its magic. The color will change to black. Then paint it

/ What do I need to prep rusted pipe fence for paint #14  
I’ve used POR-15 on a lot of Jeep parts, that stuff is tough, but the smell will about knock you over. It will fade, but you can also top coat it. I’ll do most anything to avoid using a wire brush.

/ What do I need to prep rusted pipe fence for paint #15  
The strongest phosphoric acid product you can buy without a license is a product called rust blast By KBS products.
for best results wipe away any loose scale or flaking rust the best you can. then spray or wipe on wearing rubber or latex, or chemical gloves. reapply after 10 to 15 minutes or before the surface becomes dry if possible. For badly rusted areas apply then wrap in plastic wrap.
This product does not convert rust or oxidation but eats it away and leaves the bare metal but has no effect on paint unless there is rust under the paint.
when allowed to dry it will leave a faint white film of zinc phosphate which can be directly painted over. if you want a superior paint that will last nearly forever use the KBS topcoat
You can call Eddy Lucast @ 203-228-1961 and get the full low down on how this stuff works

/ What do I need to prep rusted pipe fence for paint #16  
I'm going to use my belt drive pressure washer to blast the flaking paint due to rust off my entry gate area (2" pipe), coat with Ospho and paint. I've used POR before and I'm not impressed, no better than Ospho.

/ What do I need to prep rusted pipe fence for paint #17  
Pressure wash and then just paint it with Rustoleum equipment paint. The white and silver seem to hold up better to the sun, you are still going to have to touch it up every now and then, but no matter what you do you will have to touch them up from mowing damage and everything else that seems to hit them. Paint is not permanent, so don't sweat it.