What do YOU do about territorial Robins??

/ What do YOU do about territorial Robins?? #11  
I have two fake owls, no birds come near my house.

/ What do YOU do about territorial Robins?? #12  
Hanging a plastic hawk or owl from facia above reflective area look's better and usually keep's birds away. If hummers were the size of Robins,it would be dangerous to go out doors wearing anything other than black.

/ What do YOU do about territorial Robins?? #13  
We have had numerous incidents of birds, Bluebirds in particular, flying up and hanging on the the shop windows and our living room windows also. We have lived here over 40 years, and there have been more incidents this year than all previous years combined.

/ What do YOU do about territorial Robins?? #14  
Fake owls always kept birds away from our boats when docked. The fake gator head discourages geese, but ducks too. :(

I want to try something like this, solar-powered and motion-activated. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XXPQ2K...&pd_rd_r=3d5b65ab-6e80-11e9-8500-7b430b359b4b

If robins weren't our State Bird I would suggest to just bury them discretely. IMO, only doves are as tiresome to listen to. (quiet neighborhood, I like to hear spiders weaving :D)

I'll hang some CDs. Thanks for the reminder to try 'em. :thumbsup:

/ What do YOU do about territorial Robins?? #15  
I've heard shiney, blinky things deter other critters too, so maybe some old CDs around my fruit trees .....

/ What do YOU do about territorial Robins??
I think what I occasionally see here is birds thinking the big windows are open holes. They will fly, full bore, right into the glass. Most will fall to the ground - dead from the impact. I'll get half a dozen or so of these situations every summer. If a robin or any other bird gets to uppity - one of the local Red Tailed Hawks will straighten them out - right pronto.

Nope, not here. I mean - we do get that happening, but that's not the situation here. The bird will land on the railing, and then fly into the window 10, 20, 50, 100 times (literally).

Is this a seasonal Spring Mating Season occurrence or a constant thing for as long as your N.A. robins (a type of thrush) are around?

Just spring mating season.

/ What do YOU do about territorial Robins?? #18  
We ran into this as well. The tip I got was to use fluorescent markers. Apparently birds can see higher wavvelength light then we can, so it is visible to thrm but we can barely see it.

Just applied it Weds and after a day, no marks. By next week aI’ll be able to say for sure.

We ran into this as well. The tip I got was to use fluorescent markers. Apparently birds can see higher wavvelength light then we can, so it is visible to thrm but we can barely see it.

Just applied it Weds and after a day, no marks. By next week aI’ll be able to say for sure.

Cool - would love an update. The spikes are working, but ugly.

/ What do YOU do about territorial Robins?? #20  
8DBBA197-54C7-4725-AC55-00DC26F7D94E.jpegShould be up next Wednesday.

That dumb bird has hit that glass hundreds of times.

Also had to stuff pieces of firewood over the door where she wanted to build her nest.