What Do You Do For Exercise?

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #141  
When I was working construction I noticed that now and then a strong looking fella would show up wanting to work on our crew and, as we would work through the day he would usually run out of gas well before the day was out. Most of us were of average build but hardened up to work. That has to mean something
Yup, gym muscles ain't the same thing as work muscles, especially all-day work muscles.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #142  
I think when I’m walking my IPhone is pretty accurate for steps and distance. Sometimes I think it’s counting steps when it shouldn’t be though, like moving around in a chair, driving my tractor etc.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #143  
I think when I’m walking my IPhone is pretty accurate for steps and distance. Sometimes I think it’s counting steps when it shouldn’t be though, like moving around in a chair, driving my tractor etc.
Yes, the Fitbit can count moving around in a chair or driving, but those will be minimal "steps" if one is trying to do 5,000 or more steps a day.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #144  
I asked the dearest who wears a GPS gadget watch that counts steps and mileage which allows her a discounts on insurance. She says we always go over 15,000 when we are doing trail work.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #145  
My fit bit does count the occasional bounce when I'm driving my work truck. I'll feel it vibrate to remind me to get off my butt, then a little while later it will vibrate and say I completed my 250 steps for that hour

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #146  
I asked the dearest who wears a GPS gadget watch that counts steps and mileage which allows her a discounts on insurance. She says we always go over 15,000 when we are doing trail work.
I average 18,000 steps a day during the week. I'm a mechanic, so I'm always on the move. I also walk between 2 and 3 miles a day with the pooch.

Weekends if it's rainy, I'll still have over 10,000 steps. If I'm out on the property clearing the build site and cutting trees....... I'm somewhere between 22,000 and 25,000. That includes the 2 to 3 miles I walk the pooch.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #147  
I’m still riding a bike for most of my serious exercise. I’ve owned it about 1 1/2 years and have 3300 miles on it. My rides are between 10 and 40 miles.
6AD5A64A-F11C-4625-AA9D-C70F4B335089.jpeg

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #148  
Glad to see some people know they need to get there heart up a bit and for a while. You'll live longer or at least better. Feeling tired is not what does it.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise?
My fit bit does count the occasional bounce when I'm driving my work truck. I'll feel it vibrate to remind me to get off my butt, then a little while later it will vibrate and say I completed my 250 steps for that hour
Yep. My wife gets about 1200 steps on her fitbit while sitting in the car on our 13 hour drives to Oklahoma.