What Do You Do For Exercise?

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #31  
So, just an FYI. (please no one take it personal and go spastic) The major benefit of aerobic exercise is gained from elevated heart rate (I forget the proper rate...) for a sustained period of time (varies but 20-30 minutes is generally considered good.) Just doing work or activity of some sort typically does not get one up to the proper heart rate. Again - work or activity is not 'bad' -- it is just that it does not provide the same benefit of the elevated rate for the sustained period. Regards.....

Do this now. Your heart will thank you later. Seriously.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise?
So, just an FYI. (please no one take it personal and go spastic) The major benefit of aerobic exercise is gained from elevated heart rate (I forget the proper rate...) for a sustained period of time (varies but 20-30 minutes is generally considered good.) Just doing work or activity of some sort typically does not get one up to the proper heart rate. Again - work or activity is not 'bad' -- it is just that it does not provide the same benefit of the elevated rate for the sustained period. Regards.....
If you're working hard enough that it makes it difficult to hold a conversation, that's usually a good indicator of your heart rate being up. My wife tries to walk at a brisk enough pace so that I can't talk to her! :p

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #34  
When I meet my spousal unit x years ago she then worked in a cardiac rehab center and every patient they seen all said "I work so hard, I'm tired at the end of the day". She would ask them why they had needed heart surgery? Most of these patients were farmers...

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #35  
WHAT?? ME - ARE YOU KIDDING??? ha HA ha, Of course, you are right. FYI, that was fake spasticism.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #36  
When I meet my spousal unit x years ago she then worked in a cardiac rehab center and every patient they seen all said "I work so hard, I'm tired at the end of the day". She would ask them why they had needed heart surgery? Most of these patients were farmers...

i farmed all my life. always (arbitrarily) fit

always tired at the end of the day but in a good satisfying way

had bypass surgery at age 66 (5 years ago)

i have this pinned up in my shop office next to a pic of myself and daughter

IMG_7504.jpg

Last edited:
   / What Do You Do For Exercise? #37  
Probably because they drank too much and smoked like a chimney. All the farmers I know (around here) are closet alcoholics and big time smokers. Me, not included.

I was gonna say that Intercourse is great exercise as well and enjoyable to boot.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #38  
Oh, not all on the day. But I was in pretty good condition. Running up 11 flights of stairs was no problem.
ROCK STAR

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #39  
Crossfit 5 times a week in the summer and six times a week in the winter. We're usually at the camper on Saturdays during the summer.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise?
i farmed all my life. always (arbitrarily) fit

always tired at the end of the day but in a good satisfying way

had bypass surgery at age 66 (5 years ago)

i have this pinned up in my shop office next to a pic of myself and daughter

View attachment 760355
HA! Nice.

One of my siblings with multiple health problems (thyroid, cancer, other things) has one that says "Eat Well, Exercise, Die Anyway"