What Do You Do For Exercise?

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #41  

"Recent studies have unleashed a jaw-dropping verdict that one of the secrets to longevity is to marry someone younger than your age or of your same age. Researchers conclude that men live longer if they marry younger women. According to this report, men marrying women 15 or 17 years younger than them reduce their chances of premature death by one fifth. The same study suggests that men reduce their chances of premature death by at least 11% by choosing wife seven to nine years younger than them. On the other hand, choosing an older wife would mean increasing one’s chances of premature death by 11%."

Since 15 to 17 years was good, I went with a 20 year gap since bigger IS usually better. Chasing my wife around is what I do for exercise :ROFLMAO:
Cause and effect are always tough to sort out in these studies. Do men live longer because they marry younger women or are younger women attracted to healthy fit men who will live longer. Do healthy people who exercise live longer or do healthy people who are going to live longer find it easier to exercise?

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #42  
Cause and effect are always tough to sort out in these studies. Do men live longer because they marry younger women or are younger women attracted to healthy fit men who will live longer. Do healthy people who exercise live longer or do healthy people who are going to live longer find it easier to exercise?

And do people who exercise live longer because there’s a good chance they eat healthier and make better life choices or vise versa ?

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #43  
These days average 12,000 to 15,000 steps at work and then if I am working on home property after work could easily be 20,000 steps.

As to the younger spouse I think it is true if active...

Known a few old guys with younger wives and they either say it's all they can do to keep up or that they feel like a kid again...

Whatever works...

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #45  
Its genes, luck, how you treat yourself and activities. (exercise and what you pit in yours)

Last edited:
   / What Do You Do For Exercise? #46  
My wife is three years younger than me. Does that do anything for me? Never mind, I know the answer.:rolleyes:

/ What Do You Do For Exercise?
Last time I checked, no one gets out alive.
My dad said it's a contest.

Thinking about it, he said that about marriage as well.

- Grandpa was 6 years older than grandma, passed away at 91, and grandma lived to 98.
- Dad was 8 years older than mom. She passed away at 61. He passed away at 76.
- My father in-law was 13 years older than my mother in-law. He passed away at 93, she just turned 82.
- I'm only 15 months older than my wife.... I told her to spend my money wisely with her new boyfriend after I croak. :p

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #49  
I try and stay active by riding Walking, riding Dirt Bikes and paddling a kayak. Have two local lakes and belong to a motorcycle club that has 500 acres of wood trails to ride.

Attachments

• AAII0274.JPEG
    AAII0274.JPEG
    654.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0841.JPG
    IMG_0841.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 86
   / What Do You Do For Exercise? #50  
I usually do something every morning. I do 6 miles on the treadmill a couple times a week, but I run/walk that. Other days I'll do pull ups, push ups and that sort of thing. And then the 3rd day, I'll do everything core related...like I got this modified plank thing I do.

I don't kill myself with exercise, I don't push it to the limit or anything. The goal is merely to keep my body active and agile. I'm 50 now, I could keep this routine going for a while still.