What do you drive for a truck?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #181  
A truck seen here that works. (ranger)
rangerandrew10.jpg
6x6groomercontrol6.jpg

/ What do you drive for a truck? #182  
In the winter time I seldom have a hose available, the nearest car wash that does the undercarriage is 45 minutes each way.
We have terrible well water here, loaded with calcium and if you wash anything with it, you get a white haze so I don't. I have a pair of 350 gallon IBC totes hooked to the shop eavestroughs and they drain rainwater into them. One is outside and one is in the heated shop and I use rainwater to wash down all the equipment as well as the buggy's. Have a booster pump on my pressure washer to deliver the rainwater and an inline strainer just in case some crud gets in the water.

Been doing that for over 10 years now. Best 60 bucks I ever spent and living on a dirt-mud road, they get washed a lot.
\
Kind of **** about clean equipment and buggies and yes, the buggy's get washed underneath as well.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #184  
I'm game, nice truck is a 2012 F150 with 47k miles on her, it's the wife's, the mint red one in background.
20240310_102911.jpg

The work truck 2003 super duty 7.3 with 300/600 tune, I put a dump bed on her, she's well north of 260k miles

20240302_124828.jpg

But she's a fat girl

Last edited:
   / What do you drive for a truck? #185  
I know some states do inspections of some sort every year/fee years; but that's the minority of states, and no idea what they actually inspect to get your registration.
Even a lot of states that have inspections, there are varying inspection rules throughout the state. In MO we have no emissions testing outside of the cities, in my county I just need tires, brakes, muffler and lights. No windshield required, not any sort of testing.
Here in N.H. we have both safety and emissions inspection, done annually, same month as registration (generally same as registered owner's birthday). Vehicles registered as antiques are April, not sure about commercial ones. Initially emissions testing was required in only a handful of communities, just Nashua and any abutting towns but this became difficult to administer so at some point the whole state was subject to it. There's a machine that plugs into the OBD port and it's a pass/fail. The results are sent to DMV so if you fail it's in the system. Kind of BS to me, but the feds can be "persuasive" when it comes to threats to withhold highway funds. Anything 20+ years old is exempt from emissions check.
Safety inspection is tires, brakes, exhaust, lights/wipers, rust etc. A cracked windshield is a fail. I don't have a big problem with it, it does keep the worst heaps off the road. Some garages look more closely than others, and it helps to be an established customer. :sneaky:

Beware of chain tire/exhaust places or anyone who offers a discount inspection. All but guaranteed they'll find something to fail you for.
Inspection is independent of registration, in fact they can't inspect a vehicle without a current registration.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #186  
I'm game, nice truck is a 2012 F150 with 47k miles on her, it's the wife's, the mint red one in background.
View attachment 856645

The work truck 2003 super duty 7.3 with 300/600 tune, I put a dump bed on her, she's well north of 260k miles

View attachment 856626

But she's a fat girl
Wife's truck is EXACTLY what I'm shopping for right now. Wanna sell it?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #187  
2023 Honda Ridgeline since I retired does everything I need tows 5000 pounds heaviest I tow is my Polaris UTV easy to park roomy inside back seats easily fold up for more room in the back for tools and whatnot. Has a trunk under the bed with a lot of room, dual functioning tailgate makes bed access easy, v6 non turbo engine 9 speed transmission easy to park.

It is a unibody construction so sits a little lower to the ground easier to get in and out rides very well. Not for everyone but fits my needs well. Just hauled drywall lumber and door for a basement project no problem. Wife likes driving it also.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #188  
Wife's truck is EXACTLY what I'm shopping for right now. Wanna sell it?
Lol, nope! She is a Ford warranty administrator, when it came on the lot and into the "assessment bay" she told the owner she wanted 1st dibs, it is a local vehicle 47k miles no rust!

It was owned by a DAV, he basically only drove it 30 miles to his VA appointments. No rust, can I say that again? Around here they have no rear quarter panels, cab corners or rocker panels...oh, and the frames are rusted in half behind the cab.

It's kind or ironic that we got it since I'm a DAV....she had been looking for several years, but they were all rusted out.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #189  
Here in N.H. we have both safety and emissions inspection, done annually, same month as registration (generally same as registered owner's birthday). Vehicles registered as antiques are April, not sure about commercial ones. Initially emissions testing was required in only a handful of communities, just Nashua and any abutting towns but this became difficult to administer so at some point the whole state was subject to it. There's a machine that plugs into the OBD port and it's a pass/fail. The results are sent to DMV so if you fail it's in the system. Kind of BS to me, but the feds can be "persuasive" when it comes to threats to withhold highway funds. Anything 20+ years old is exempt from emissions check.
Safety inspection is tires, brakes, exhaust, lights/wipers, rust etc. A cracked windshield is a fail. I don't have a big problem with it, it does keep the worst heaps off the road. Some garages look more closely than others, and it helps to be an established customer. :sneaky:

Beware of chain tire/exhaust places or anyone who offers a discount inspection. All but guaranteed they'll find something to fail you for.
Inspection is independent of registration, in fact they can't inspect a vehicle without a current registration.
Interesting… my state California goes back to 1976 emission test… soon it will cover vehicles 50 years old!

Was not always like this… for decades 25 years and newer and then 30 years and newer and the decided 1976 is the magic year…

Of course these 1976 models are way before plug in monitoring and carburetors are the rule.