Price Check What Do You Think About This B7610 Price?

/ What Do You Think About This B7610 Price? #1  

BoneheadNW

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610
O.K., I finally made the trek across the water to the Kubota dealer and this is what he quoted me:
B7610HSD-F with LA352 FEL $13,900
Bucket tooth bar $400
48" Bush Hog Box scraper $500
Total with Washington tax $16,102

If I want the 4672 backhoe with subframe, that will cost me an additional $6K. I am heavily leaning toward NOT buying the BH at this time.

What do you all think about this price? Advice needed as I am
Bonehead /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ What Do You Think About This B7610 Price?
Not that I'm a religious guy or anything, but I hope it isn't a sin to answer your own post.

One other question I had was what people thought of Bush Hog attachments. The dealer mentioned that they are heavier guage steel than Kubota (at least the box scraper is).
Bonehead

/ What Do You Think About This B7610 Price? #3  
That is not a bad price at all for the tractor and FEL. I'm seeing Kioti CK20 (21hp) pricing running around $13,000, and NH TC24DA (also 24hp like your B7610) prices running just a shade over $14,000 lately. Toothbars and box blades vary by brand.

Generally Bush Hog brand is considered one of the premium brands, $500 for a premium brand box blade is reasonable, $300 for a cheap-o unit is reasonable, but the cheap-o units are typically much lighter built. I just bought a new box blade this weekend, the weight difference from cheap-o units to premium units varied by about 125 pounds. I'd say if your box blade is heavier than the Kubota brand, then you got a good blade at a decent price.

Now the Washington state tax, bummer about that!

/ What Do You Think About This B7610 Price?
Bob-

Another question- Do you think that the bush hog box scraper is enough of a counterbalance for "routine" use of the FEL? Do people sometimes add weight on to the top of the box scraper for counterbalance purposes?

Thanks in advance,
Bonehead

/ What Do You Think About This B7610 Price? #5  
I think that depends on what you consider routine. But basically I would say yes if the box blade is heavy, and it sounds like it probably is a heavy box blade.

I use a weight box on a TC24D and find that when I push the loader to its limits it is not enough weight but I don't want to fluid fill the tired because I run a MMM on that tractor and have clay soil so I don't want to rut the lawn when I mow.

I use a heavy box blade and fluid filled tires on a B2910 and the two combined easily are enough weight.

To answer the 2nd part of your question, it is not uncommon to add weight to the top of the box blade for more counterbalance. But before you do that, see if you need it. There is no reason to have more weight than you need. The 2 logical reasons to add weight to a box blade are it is #1) too light to effectively dig, and/or #2) too light to be an effective ballast for the FEL work.

/ What Do You Think About This B7610 Price? #6  
I just priced the exact same model and loader in NY at 14,300. So that sounds like a good deal to me!