What does gas (diesel) cost where you live?

/ What does gas (diesel) cost where you live? #21  
Hi,

I paid 1.42 for on road D2 last week. The price in the Trangle Area of North Carolina is pretty consistant. I live in Wake County and the prices are usually within a nickle at all the stations. My land is in Chatham county and I can usually get it cheaper out there but lately the price has been the same. Wake is heavily populated while Chatham is for the most part very rural. Changing fast but still rural.

What is hard to understand is that if I go to Alamance County, which is where my JD Dealer resides, I can get D2 usually 20 cents cheaper than in Wake or Chatham county. Alamance is only 30 minutes away from where I work and is the county north of Chatham. I can't figure out why the huge difference in prices. I always figured that Wake had higher fuel prices but I don't think that is true in Chatham. I think there is a fuel pipeline terminus in Alamance so maybe that has something to do with it. But on the other hand I think there is one next to the town I live in. Go Figure.

For the life of me I can't figure out how there can be a difference in of 20 cents/gallon. And its all the stations I pass by in Alamance county. Its not just a truck stop or other high volume outlet.....

Later....
Dan McCarty

/ What does gas (diesel) cost where you live? #22  
Sunday (Apr. 1) I paid $1.479 per gallon for diesel fuel at the Sunoco station I frequent. Driving out to the main road this morning (Apr. 5), I noticed the price for the same diesel fuel at the same station had increased modestly to $1.679 per gallon.

What the H... is going on? I just can't figure out how gas or diesel fuel can change prices so much so often. Somebody's gotta be smiling all the way to the bank. Oh, I'm in SE Michigan.

Bob Pence
18-33782-bobsig.gif

/ What does gas (diesel) cost where you live? #23  
Unfortunately, I've had to go to town every day this week, and the Sam's Club in Belmead (suburb of Waco, TX) had regular gasoline at $1.199. That's the cheapest I've seen in a long time.

Bird

/ What does gas (diesel) cost where you live?
Well, since I posted this question in late March, things have changed quite a bit. For one thing, I've found other places, one right across the street from my day job, that sells road diesel for $1.49. That's a big difference from the one I posted in March. I think the issue is the vendor, as the other place (probably, but I won't know till I go back there /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif) has probably gone up from the $1.99 for road diesel they had then.

But that's not why I'm here/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. The price of regular unleaded, self-server gas has now popped up to $2.09 /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif at a couple of places. That's not the final word, as the aforementioned "place across the street" is offering the same stuff (regular, unleaded, self-serve) for $1.87. So we have (at least) a 22 cent range at this moment in time.

Stand by for the summer gas blast!

The GlueGuy

/ What does gas (diesel) cost where you live? #25  
I'll have Cameron Park Ca prices in a few minutes; I have to fill up the dual tanks on my F250, which are a teaspoon short of dry !

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ What does gas (diesel) cost where you live?
Listening to the news this morning, they claim that San Francisco currently has the most expensive gas: $2.18 (point nine) for self-serve regular unleaded.

Whooooeeeee

The GlueGuy

/ What does gas (diesel) cost where you live? #27  
Here in upstate NY, the prices aren't $2.00 yet ,but they're going up fast. I paid $1.429 for regular two weeks ago, yesterday the same station was $1.599. 17 cents per gallon in two weeks is pretty fast! Again, the oil companies are just taking advantage of the nice weather, and they're socking it to us. There's no way they can justify these prices!

/ What does gas (diesel) cost where you live? #28  
Prices going up here, too; just not as high nor as fast. I filled up today for $1.499 for regular and diesel was $1.299.

Bird

/ What does gas (diesel) cost where you live? #30  
In OZ, well the east coast of N.S.W. anyway,we have been paying over $1Aus per liter for quite some time. Don't know how that converts to U.S. measurements.