What does your Tractor cost you per hour of operation.

/ What does your Tractor cost you per hour of operation. #51  
I have no idea the cost per hour on my tractor. I do remember it cost me $435.00 in 3 seconds when I busted my door off on a post.

/ What does your Tractor cost you per hour of operation. #52  
When looking at cost, most people fail to account for the capital invested. I have $40k into my tractor and attachments. I make 8% on my money....so I am “losing” $3200 every year...and that loss compounds

I put on about 100 hrs a year...so I am at $32/hr before fuel, repairs, maintenance. I think a good number for me is $50/hr.

If I used it 200 hrs a year, it would drop to about $35-40/hr.

/ What does your Tractor cost you per hour of operation. #53  
My tractor + attachments cost over $47 thousand
78 hours in 5 months plus 78 gallons diesel, grease
oil filters as the cost don't matter its just to make
like easier and its worth it

willy

/ What does your Tractor cost you per hour of operation. #54  
When looking at cost, most people fail to account for the capital invested. I have $40k into my tractor and attachments. I make 8% on my money....so I am “losing” $3200 every year...and that loss compounds
And that’s why the 0% is so attractive. Free money. I shopped around with cash on the table and proposed financing. I did not take a hit for financing. I just hated to use my money rather than theirs. Unless you take a Really big hit for financing, I say use their money at 0%.

/ What does your Tractor cost you per hour of operation. #55  
I don't think our tractors will end up costing us anything at all.
They are in good shape and bought for fair prices. Ultimately I'll probably figure out what major expenses I have in them and sell them for that or a bit more.

The real profit comes from not having to pay someone else to do all the work they've done. That and the hobby aspect. I don't go into a hobby expecting to make money, but with tractors I expect they will probably break even or close enough.

My younger hobbies were horses, sailboats, and motorsports racing. Now there are a couple of money pits. Not that we ever minded.
rScotty

/ What does your Tractor cost you per hour of operation. #56  
My machine is a fully restored UTDA Yanmar YM2610. Cost 5 years back just shy of $6K. No stinking computer junk on it either. A bit better than a JD850. It's DIESEL, so it sips fuel wonderfully.

Ownership Cost Per Hour $13.33 (purchase price / hours of use so far for 5 years)
Maintenance Cost Per Hour $0.67 cents (filters, hydraulic oil, engine oil, replaced dash lights, wired the horn correctly, new battery. Hydraulic filter is re-useable and cleanable. Savings.)
Fuel Cost Per Hour $1.17

Total Cost Per Hour $15.17 Per Hour

I can't even come close to that price for a rental, especially when you can find one available too!

@rScotty You got it right too! :)

/ What does your Tractor cost you per hour of operation. #58  
I think I am close to having it pay me with the jobs it has done, like it’s barn mates It has to earn its keep.
However, My knees, back and general old mans body says it cost me nothing from day one.

/ What does your Tractor cost you per hour of operation. #59  
I’m a dude that has a 39 acre homestead with pastures and woods. Question is, could I do better, “cost per hour”, either renting a tractor or hiring it out? Probly. . . But with renting, I can’t get the implements I need, and the tractors are mid-level compacts. That leaves hiring it out. The biggest issue with renting or hiring it out is, when I have work to get done, I am tied to their schedule. By owning the equipment, I can do it at my convenience and a little or a lot at a time.

For me, the convenience and flexibility of having the tractor and proper implements readily available makes that “dollar per hour” amount go WAY down. I LOVE knowing that tractor is out in its shed ready to go whenever I need or want it.

/ What does your Tractor cost you per hour of operation. #60  
I'll tell where I'm starting calculation from. Please note it's different country.
Here is the rate, which you may not exceed, because competitors do the same. And the customer knows that. Therefore he won't pay you more, than to another company or the guy with well equipped tractor. This rate is €35/h. While dividing it by 2 you have approximately €17,5 for machinery cost and €17,5 for labor.
Only then you start to think about whether it pays to work or not.