What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #481  
Had to take the Gravely walk behind with the rotary cultivator to the back of the property to work up an area for a food plot. I didn't want to walk it back there so I loaded it on a pallet and hauled it back with the B26TLB. Jon

Attachments

• 20210822_174336(1).jpg
    20210822_174336(1).jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 131
   / What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #482  
They are very handy when it comes time to put new tires on your ATV.
IMG_0130.JPG

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #483  
I use mine to pick up my MMM to relocate it for the season.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #484  
IMG_1755.JPG

IMG_1770.JPG

Building a ramp for the deck.

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_0390.jpeg

Man basket.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #485  
Park out the front door when replacing upstairs carpet with LVP. Cut carpet into strips, roll up and deposit onto forks. Tractor hauls to dumpster parked back by the shed.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #486  
cement mixer on pallet fork.jpg
Lots of things...
My back doesn't like heavy lifting, but my tractor doesn't mind in the least. To pour concrete, I just lift the whole mixer and take to to where I need it.
I added some plates that clamp the mixer to the forks.

4wd 4 ton mobile scaffold;
House painting 2021.jpg

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #487  
View attachment 712612Lots of things...
My back doesn't like heavy lifting, but my tractor doesn't mind in the least. To pour concrete, I just lift the whole mixer and take to to where I need it.
I added some plates that clamp the mixer to the forks.

4wd 4 ton mobile scaffold;
View attachment 712613
We welded an SSQA plate on the legs of the mixer. No forks, but mobile just the same. Put the generator on the counterweight and mix on the go. It worked quite well.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #488  
To pour concrete, I just lift the whole mixer and take to to where I need it.
I like the way you think!

I only have one tractor, and wanted to use it for the bags of concrete mix, so I could start the bag cutting and dumping process without doing any lifting myself, and only lifting perhaps half the bag weight to get the dumping to complete. But if I had two tractors...

So, my cement mixer is generically similar to yours. I'm not sure the frame of the mixer could support the weight if the frame's normally uprights were now at an angle. That is, if the frame parts that are supposed to be vertical support columns are now horizontal cantilever beams holding a load at their end. Did you do anything to support them at an angle? Or do they also not mind in the least?

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #489  
if the frame parts that are supposed to be vertical support columns are now horizontal cantilever beams holding a load at their end. Did you do anything to support them at an angle? Or do they also not mind in the least?

They held without complaining.
I've only used it that way a few times, but I don't expect any trouble.
The main difficulty is that my FEL doesn't have enough tilt to dump the concrete. I solve that by lifting a little, then tilting the forks back, then the mixer drum forward so I have more movement available.

The other drawback is the height the concrete has to fall from the drum to a mold that's low enough to clear the frame. There is some splatter.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #490  
I made six foot wooden extensions that are handy for carrying lots of brush or orchard debris. These are plenty strong and as long as the loader can lift it I am good to go. Handy as can be for huge pile of branches or what have you.

Attachments

• 1632436792797.png
    1632436792797.png
    453.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 1632436898528.png
    1632436898528.png
    432.3 KB · Views: 84