What EXACTLY is this item. Please help!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!🥰

/ What EXACTLY is this item. Please help!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!🥰 #11  
Hello friends!!! I need some help!!!
My father's corn crib was unfortunately hit by a tornado and must be taken down :( but what EXACTLY is this called? I would like to know.anything about this and also very curious what approximate value would be?? Please help. Thank you in advance!!!!
Sorry, in my experience this is not worth much :/ maybe it can be sold as scrap metal?

/ What EXACTLY is this item. Please help!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!🥰 #12  
The lumber would be worth something!

/ What EXACTLY is this item. Please help!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!🥰 #13  
I assumed from the first post you were desperate to find out what this was in order to repair the unfortunate damage from the tornado

Now I understand you want to know the exact terminology and value in order to SELL it?

As others have said not much. I would put my energies in helping your father in other ways.

/ What EXACTLY is this item. Please help!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!🥰 #14  
Is this for insurance estimate?
Maybe ask farmers around that area free for parts needed?

/ What EXACTLY is this item. Please help!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!🥰 #15  
Is this for insurance estimate?
Maybe ask farmers around that area free for parts needed?

Negative. I believe he is looking for a resale price.

/ What EXACTLY is this item. Please help!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!🥰 #16  
One of the pictures is the infeed conveyor to a bucket elevator aka "grain leg". Looks like the bucket elevator has already been robbed for parts. At the top of the leg there should be a motor with a couple of pulleys and jackshafts to reduce the speed and increase torque culminating on a head pulley for the conveyor belt itself. There should be some metal buckets shaped like a shallow trough attached to an "endless" belt that runs from the bottom to the top of the crib. Most likely the buckets have been repurposed in the shop as hardware and parts bins that are easily screwed to a wall.

/ What EXACTLY is this item. Please help!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!🥰 #17  
Negative. I believe he is looking for a resale price.
I can't see pictures. All I noticed is the first post of a one day member. No introduction, he or she? Location?
Tornado damage I thought about insurance estimate?
Apparently missing parts (again, I can't see pictures).
2021_08_19_14.43.36.jpg

/ What EXACTLY is this item. Please help!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!🥰 #18  
I am going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assume he/she is NOT trying to financially profit from their father’s unfortunate tornado incident.

Last edited:
   / What EXACTLY is this item. Please help!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!🥰 #19  
It's an elevator for a corn crib. Not much ear corn is picked anymore. It's probably worth scrap value, unless maybe there is some Amish in the area?

/ What EXACTLY is this item. Please help!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!🥰 #20  
If insurance is involved then it doesn't matter what someone else might give you for it, find out what it would take to replace it. Assuming it was in working condition to begin with, and they'll likely prorate the value due to age.