What happened to my new trailer tire?

OP
Hersheyfarm

Hersheyfarm

Platinum Member
What is with this website and apostrophes? I have to go back to my posts and take them out because it causes crazy charecters.
I値l
Weæ±*e
Thatç—´

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
What is with this website and apostrophes? I have to go back to my posts and take them out because it causes crazy charecters.
I値l
Weæ±*e
Thatç—´

You are probably posting from a phone, they tend to do that. So far we've been able to figure out what you're trying to say though, we've done it before. ;)

Redlands Okie

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3560
80 mph trailor tires are available but you have to be careful and double check their ratings.

I usually install light truck tires due to the higher speed rating and hot summer highway issues even though they have a lower weight capacity. I do have one trailor I paid the extra for a higher speed rating trailor tire.

Ford850

Tractor
Case DX55, Ford 850
After reading many thread about trailer tires, I've come to the conclusion it's not the ST tires that are bad. It comes down to quality, or lack of it. Low quality tires are bad. Many trailers come with the cheapest tires possible since few people pay attention to them when buying a trailer. They do list their ratings and ply equivalents, but some have poor quality control and a higher than average failure rate. Then after a failure we look at the tires, and say "ST tires, no wonder!". In reality there are very good quality ST tires out there if you shop quality and not price alone.

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
Changed the China JUNK tires out on both of my trailers to goodyear endurance on my 12 ft aluma trailer & Maxxis on my 20ft PJ trailer.One to many blowouts on the China junk tires for me.

JLBuilder

Tractor
new holland TC55DA
Was parked at a jobsite today and someone asked if I new I had a flat on my trailer.

No, I hadn't noticed anything driving that morning. Assumed I ran over something and got my plugs and compressor. As I blew it up I had several leaks on the tread and the tire was deformed. The tread was rounded instead of flat. I assume something broke and it swelled and popped? Crazy. Probably have 1000 miles on it.
I read your post re Trailfinder HT tires. I have a diamond C dump trailer that I have about 200 miles on and all the tires are going bad! One blew yesterday with no load in the trailer average speed was 35 mph. Upon closer inspection it looks like they are all deformed and delaminating. Chinese junk. I have called Diamond C and have yet to hear what they will do if anything?
Did all your tires go bad? by the looks of it I will need 5 new tires (that includes the spare). I paid more money for the Diamond C brand than others because I felt the trailer design was better. Too bad someone saved a few dollars on cheap tires at diamond C.

John

JLBuilder

Tractor
new holland TC55DA
I contacted the tire manufacturer. Mine was also on a Diamond C
I read your post re Trailfinder HT tires. I have a diamond C dump trailer that I have about 200 miles on and all the tires are going bad! One blew yesterday with no load in the trailer average speed was 35 mph. Upon closer inspection it looks like they are all deformed and delaminating. Chinese junk. I have called Diamond C and have yet to hear what they will do if anything?
Did all your tires go bad? by the looks of it I will need 5 new tires (that includes the spare). I paid more money for the Diamond C brand than others because I felt the trailer design was better. Too bad someone saved a few dollars on cheap tires at diamond C.

John

JLBuilder

Tractor
new holland TC55DA
Was parked at a jobsite today and someone asked if I new I had a flat on my trailer.

No, I hadn't noticed anything driving that morning. Assumed I ran over something and got my plugs and compressor. As I blew it up I had several leaks on the tread and the tire was deformed. The tread was rounded instead of flat. I assume something broke and it swelled and popped? Crazy. Probably have 1000 miles on it.

John

nisaacs

Gold Member
Tractor
970 John Deere, 4320 John Deere, 995 Case/IH
What brand tire are they? I just picked up a new Diamond C flatbed and it has Cooper tires. The dealer said Diamond C was having problems with their tires so they switched brands. Mine are 215/75x17.5.

nikerret

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D-1

John

After my first tire separated, right after I got it, the rest lasted two years. Of course, when the first one (rear on driver side) went, I had 4.5T in the bed and was 60 miles from home (35 miles from a town with an open gas station). I had to change the tire on a gravel road. It sucked.

I got two used tires, from a friend (free), since the other rear tire had gone egg shaped. After getting the used tires in the rear, I got less than 100 miles on it, before the other two went egg on me. With that, I went and bought four Hercules H-901’s. This is what I should have done, sooner. Much better ride and very tough. I spent around $665, for the four 14-ply, mounted. They have held up very well, but I have a bunch of patches, in both back tires. I did several demo jobs, last year. Multiple runs to the C&D section of the dump, per day.