What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,281  
Years ago.... back in the late 60s... I had a Swedish girlfriend. She impressed upon me the weather we have here -- she was very surprised at how we can have a big snowstorm (this was back in the 60s, remember?) and then the next day the sun's out! Having a west-coast maritime climate, Sweden is more like the Pacific NW than the way it is here in New England. The beginning of my real education, far more ethan I ever learned in college... After four trips to Scandinavia, at all times of the year, I saw first hand what she meant.

So it was, that yesterday we had brilliant sunshine all day. I went after the remainder of the clean-up in the morning, and once again was so happy I had gotten my driveway paved some years back.

At the end of the day, my driveway was 95% clear and dry. Love it!

DSC01622.JPG
DSC01623.JPG
DSC01624.JPG

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,282  
Got 14 inches here but upper 3 inches sleet and frozen rain. Coudnt use my walk behind snow blower so I had to break out my Massey and the 60 inch blower. The pile the city snow plow left wasnt even a challange.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,283  
So here we go again... another "complex" storm with snow beginning Wed morning and continuing until Friday morning -- a lot like the last one, but one day (of the week) sooner. Weather people are still refining forecasts, but the expected snow is beginning to get up there -- now up from an initial 5-6" to now talking about one foot of the heavy, wet stuff.

Glad my chains and blower are still mounted!

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,284  
So here we go again... another "complex" storm with snow beginning Wed morning and continuing until Friday morning -- a lot like the last one, but one day (of the week) sooner. Weather people are still refining forecasts, but the expected snow is beginning to get up there -- now up from an initial 5-6" to now talking about one foot of the heavy, wet stuff.

Snow? I've mowed my front lawn, twice.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,285  
Holy cow, Ray! My MMM won't see the light of day until the middle of May....

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,286  

yup

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,287  

right now the local weather is saying 1 to 3 here, but they are always wrong for me because of my elevation and terrain. I sit on a peak that is in the middle of a valley. It's like being in a funnel.
Holy cow, Ray! My MMM won't see the light of day until the middle of May....
Same here. I don't even think about the mower until May.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,288  
Doesn't matter what the calendar says, if the grass is high, and you have inches of rain in the forecast with already soft ground, if you're smart, you need to look at mowing.

If for no other reason, it dries out faster when the grass is short.

My neighbor tried waiting it out one spring, It got 3' high, and a big mess, with a buried mower, before it finally all got cut. They had to hand rake acres of grass.

My back up mower is a nice light Husqvarna 48". It is able to run on kind of soft ground. It usually gets the nod, for the first couple of mowings here until things firm up.

Zero turn mowers are notorious for getting stuck, and making ruts. So, it's not going out there anytime soon.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,289  
Well...they are calling for 18 plus inches tonight 4\3\24 :( Heavy wet snow and 55 mph winds. I should have had some half dead trees cut on the side of the house but nooooooo, procrastination is my middle name. They are right on the property line between my and my neighbor so I will have to work with them. I hope they make it or at least miss the house. Yes I am a bit worried about that.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,290  
Well...they are calling for 18 plus inches tonight 4\3\24 :( Heavy wet snow and 55 mph winds. I should have had some half dead trees cut on the side of the house but nooooooo, procrastination is my middle name. They are right on the property line between my and my neighbor so I will have to work with them. I hope they make it or at least miss the house. Yes I am a bit worried about that.
exactly what is the success rate of ALL forecasters in Maine this year??
From NWS Caribou and NWS Gray to local news.
although my luck they will be right for once.