What have you hit with your mower lately?

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #12  
When mowing the ditch I picked up a ratchet strap. Banging around was noisy and it also wraps up around a spindle.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #13  
I walked an area that had not been mowed for over 20 years looking for obstacles, moved some rocks and a couple limbs.
Ran into a steel tie down for an old powerline. Made quite the racket, pushed in the clutch to cut the PTO as fast as I could react. I had to replace 3 "Y" cutters on the flail mower.

After replacement I went out and finished mowing the path I was making for the concrete truck to access a concrete pour and hit Elk antlers that were partially buried. Didn't do any damage on that one, but scared me pretty good as it was an odd noise.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #14  
At least 1 black racer per year. Moles and shrews here and there. Small plethora of lacrosse balls. 🍻

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #15  
That is an interesting brush cutter. I can’t recall ever seeing one that cut with chain. What brand is it?
Portuguese brand. Works awesome, takes an absolute beating and it's about the only thing that works on our brush here filled with surprises, like rocks, trash people throw, etc.

Some people, albeit not many, will still use blades as these brush mowers can be set up both ways but they only use it pretty much on pastures that they know are clean and debris free.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #16  
We are almost rock free. My big nemesis is stray pieces of poly bailer twine in the fields I run on shares. The poly has a real bad habit of getting between the spindles and the seals and destroying the seals and melting in the bearings and destroying them as well.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #17  
When mowing the ditch I picked up a ratchet strap. Banging around was noisy and it also wraps up around a spindle.
Issue with ditch mowing is people discard all kinds of stuff in ditches, called littering, I call it dumping junk. I do a couple fields with drainage ditches (deep) on their borders. The roadside ones are particularly suspect. Everything from old tires to bed springs to garbage bags full of garbage tossed in the ditch. People are lazy pigs.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #18  
I have pasture that borders a subdivision. The county installed sewers 10 years ago, and the line runs inside our pasture. The Land Pride brushhog sucked the lid off a manhole and threw it 10 feet. The blades look no worse for wear.

Last edited:
   / What have you hit with your mower lately? #20  
About once - every other month - I mow the grass on the edges of the driveway. No problem with rocks - I've already found them with the mower and moved them. Ages ago.

It looks so nice I decide to mow the center of the road. Out and beyond my inner gate.

So I'm happy in the morning sun and mowing down the center for about 200 yards.

All of a sudden - WHUP, WHUP, WHUP - and this God awful stink.

The biggest, smelliest pile of cow poop I've ever seen. And the mower "fogged" this big pile and it completely encased the mower and ME.

Have you ever TASTED fogged cow poop. Well, I have.