What have you hit with your mower lately?

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #61  
You would be surprised what people hit with their normal lawn mowers just mowing their yard.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #62  
Oh, I've run over any number of water hoses, and flower beds disguised as weed beds, which makes my wife very unhappy. But when I sideswiped the satellite dish two weeks ago, that was a major transgression. No internet until today, when they finally got a guy out here to readjust it. Side note: Viasat is a bad company: unreliable signal, expensive, requires yelling to get a service visit. If there were any alternative out here we would switch.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #63  
Most people make the mistake of setting the Bush Hog too low and then backing into things.
Keep it high first pass and move only Forward.
You are more likely to find hidden obstacles with your wheels. We have all been there. Got into a set of Spring Tooth cultivators one time. Much bending of stuff!
Carry stakes and a spray bomb of paint with you. You won't remember the locations.............

/ What have you hit with your mower lately?
Oh, I've run over any number of water hoses, and flower beds disguised as weed beds, which makes my wife very unhappy. But when I sideswiped the satellite dish two weeks ago, that was a major transgression. No internet until today, when they finally got a guy out here to readjust it. Side note: Viasat is a bad company: unreliable signal, expensive, requires yelling to get a service visit. If there were any alternative out here we would switch.
Viasat and Hughesnet can go to hell. Put your name in for Starlink, it's been a life saver out in very rural Olympic Peninsula!

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #65  
Ran over a 1/2 submerged short block V8 in a field. Who dumps an engine out in the middle of a field?

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #66  
That is unique. I have never seen a "chain mower" before. I'd think it would beat up the grass and weeds rather than cut it. Sometimes that would be OK, sometimes not so good. Still very interesting. Thanks for posting.
Oregon State Highway used to have a chain flail mounted on an arm on a grader for cutting roadsides.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #67  
Hit a pile of concrete core samples with my Land Pride mower this week. Size of a one pound coffee can but twice that long. Didn't cause permanent damage but I hit the PTO button at the first sound of impact.
I submit the worst case for this thread happened in an adjoining county about 25 years ago. Farmer welded his combine with his OX/AC welder and forgot a full acetylene tank in the field. He found it the next spring while mowing--they heard the explosion for miles around. He is mowing clouds now.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #68  
Been more than 30 years and it was with a garden tractor mower.

I mowed over a turtle I did not see...Still remember seeing eggs inside the lower half that remained...still feel bad about it to this day...

Also mowed over a rabbets nest once. Fortunately the little ones were not injured....I left them alone and guess the mom fetched them afterwards...

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #69  
Ran over a 1/2 submerged short block V8 in a field. Who dumps an engine out in the middle of a field?
You'd be surprised where people will dump junk.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #70  
My wife mows the yard. She doesn't work so it helps me out.

She hasn't hit the house yet....