What hydraulic oil to use in DK50SE HST?

/ What hydraulic oil to use in DK50SE HST? #1  

Poopdeck Pappy

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE Cab, Kubota BX23, Kubota BX2660, Grasshopper 729BT
What hydraulic oil do you guys use in your DK35/40/45/50's? My manual is very non-specific on what type of hydraulic oil to use. My dealer is a New Holland/Mahindra dealer that just recently picked up Kioti, so I suspect they will stock and, thus, recommend the same hydraulic fluid they use for servicing NH and Mahindras.

Don't want to start an oil war, but thought I would ask.

/ What hydraulic oil to use in DK50SE HST? #2  
It is not that complex, go to Wally World or Tractor supply and buy the best one they have on sale.

/ What hydraulic oil to use in DK50SE HST? #3  
I used the Mobile fluid 424

/ What hydraulic oil to use in DK50SE HST?
It is not that complex, go to Wally World or Tractor supply and buy the best one they have on sale.

I went to Tractor Supply and the "best" one they had said "Not designed for use in tractors manufactured after 1974." LOL!

/ What hydraulic oil to use in DK50SE HST? #5  
Yikes. I really have to suggest using the search function for this.

/ What hydraulic oil to use in DK50SE HST? #6  
TSC premium UTF.

/ What hydraulic oil to use in DK50SE HST? #7  
My (now defunct) dealer said any premium oil would be OK. I think it's important to use an oil intended for use with wet brakes, particularly since (I assume) you also have wet clutches for the PTO and 4WD. My DK45S had a factory sticker that said to use Shell Donax TD (among a couple others). Donax TD has been superseded by Shell Spirax S4 TXM, which is what I used because my local Walmart had two 5-gal tubs sitting on the shelf. Note that with (at least) these two oils, the TD and S4 TXM are the critical parameters because there are many other Donax and Spirax oils. Other posters here assure me that TSC Premium will work fine but seems to be poorly labeled; some containers do not indicate the specs the oil satisfies. My belief is that any premium hydro oil designed to work with wet brakes should be OK

/ What hydraulic oil to use in DK50SE HST? #8  
   / What hydraulic oil to use in DK50SE HST?
To all who responded, thanks very much for the info. I think I'll go with the NAPA Premium fluid. I was just there on Tuesday getting hydraulic hoses made, and I saw it so I know they have it in stock. I can only hope they're not as proud of it as they are their hydraulic hoses.

My local Tractor Supply did not have the Traveller Premium. They only had the stuff that said it's not recommended for tractors manufactured after 1974.