What is a GOOD hand held pump sprayer for weedkiller and pesticide??

/ What is a GOOD hand held pump sprayer for weedkiller and pesticide?? #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
I made the mistake of buying a 1.5 gallon capacity Gilmour back in 2014. (linky)
And since then I've also gone through about 8 or more smaller cheaper sprayers.
My spraying normally involves about 200 yards of edge walking my various boundaries around my house and driveway maybe 3 times a year.
I normally spray in several sessions and the 1.5 gallon Gilmour is just the right size, holds enough so I could do a decent amount of spraying without walking back to refill. It also seems to clean easily. Easy to stand up and pump, easy to carry.
The reason I wrote I made a mistake is that I only bought 1 and it seems they are no longer sold.
Does anyone else make the same quality?

/ What is a GOOD hand held pump sprayer for weedkiller and pesticide?? #2  
I have a Solo I bought at TSC. Been flawless for years now. you do have to clean it after use but like anything else, you get what you pay for.

/ What is a GOOD hand held pump sprayer for weedkiller and pesticide?? #3  
I bought a 2 gallon battery powered sprayer made by Ortho and really like it. I even made a 2 wheeled hand truck that I bungee cord it to.

If you want to stand on the road and spray the fence line, this won't do it. But it does everything else great. I use it for roundup and 2-4D. Pesticides go in an old 1 gallon tank sprayer.

Link below;

/ What is a GOOD hand held pump sprayer for weedkiller and pesticide?? #5  
Replacement parts at

/ What is a GOOD hand held pump sprayer for weedkiller and pesticide?? #6  
I just bought my first backpack sprayer this year and I've been impressed by how much easier it is to use. 4 gallons on my back seems like less weight then two gallons, or even one gallon, carried around by hand. The handle to pump it is right where it needs to be, and it's easy to give it a few pumps to keep up the pressure while spraying.

Now I'm wondering if the battery powered backpack sprayers are even better?

/ What is a GOOD hand held pump sprayer for weedkiller and pesticide??
I just bought my first backpack sprayer this year and I've been impressed by how much easier it is to use. 4 gallons on my back seems like less weight then two gallons, or even one gallon, carried around by hand. The handle to pump it is right where it needs to be, and it's easy to give it a few pumps to keep up the pressure while spraying.

Well can you tell us what sprayer you bought?
Like I wrote my prime concern is reliability, but good recommendations of any small sprayer are welcome.
Especially Eddie Walker recommendations :)

/ What is a GOOD hand held pump sprayer for weedkiller and pesticide?? #8  

Yes. I bought this one. A little pricey but well worth it.

/ What is a GOOD hand held pump sprayer for weedkiller and pesticide?? #9  
I like my Chapin Backpack sprayer. got it from Do my own pest control about 5 years ago

/ What is a GOOD hand held pump sprayer for weedkiller and pesticide?? #10  
Solo 454
1.5 gallon
Viton seals
Large capacity pump
Compatable with oils and bleach
I use it with a very fine tjet nozzle for basal spraying brush, then switch nozzles for foliar spray.