What is a New Holland TL80A hydraulic oil equivalent?

/ What is a New Holland TL80A hydraulic oil equivalent? #1  

Gee Ray

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bota L2501, NH TL80A
The WSM calls for Ambra Muilt G. I can not seam to find it anywhere. After reading about the 303 law suit I was wondering if anyone knows what to use. The Warren company that makes the Costal 303 claims it is compatible but it is not clear that it is.

Thank you for any help.

/ What is a New Holland TL80A hydraulic oil equivalent? #2  
A good grade trans/hyd oil Deere Hygard, Mobil Delvac, Kubota UDT

/ What is a New Holland TL80A hydraulic oil equivalent? #3  
Hyd oil is not a place to half ass. Get the right stuff. Burning up a set of wet brakes, clutch or pto clutch will kill all your savings.

I believe the correct fluid is about $90 for 5gal

/ What is a New Holland TL80A hydraulic oil equivalent? #4  
Hyd oil is not a place to half ass. Get the right stuff. Burning up a set of wet brakes, clutch or pto clutch will kill all your savings.

I believe the correct fluid is about $90 for 5gal
Kind of what I was getting at, but to the point!😀

/ What is a New Holland TL80A hydraulic oil equivalent? #5  
A good grade trans/hyd oil Deere Hygard, Mobil Delvac, Kubota UDT
Theres no standard in hydraulic oil like the API for engine oils. This means every manufacturer sets the spec for there hydraulic oil. So theres no 3rd party testing done to actualy see if it is what it says it is.

/ What is a New Holland TL80A hydraulic oil equivalent? #6  
Have you tried your dealer? Or any NH dealer? They should have that hydraulic oil in stock.

The Ambra stuff that NH uses, is actually made by Petronas.

/ What is a New Holland TL80A hydraulic oil equivalent?
I called the dealer. He said J20C or A21XL. This info did not help much. So I was trying to purchase the oil from Advance Auto Parts since they are 1 mile away and the nearest New Holland dealer is 81 miles away.

The Advance website has no info on the tractor hydraulic fluid shown except it is labeled as "Fram Tractor Hydraulic Fluid". The Fram webpage only shows the Fram filters. So I got on the chat and asked where to get the info on their hydraulic fluid. They came back with a website for "Amalie motor oil".

The Amalie Tec Support said it was their product with a Fram label. He told me that the Advance Product #760-05 was the equivalent to the J20C.

It would have been faster to drive the 162 miles but with the price of diesel it was better to spend time on the computer.

/ What is a New Holland TL80A hydraulic oil equivalent? #8  
Universal Tractor Fluid is what I would look for, then see what specs the pail claims it meets, than cross reference to your WSM.

I've run UTF for years in an older wet brake / IPTO / remote hyd tractor with no issues.

I do still run OEM oil in the wet clutch tractor.

303 is cheap for a reason and people not using it in the RIGHT machine is the problem.

/ What is a New Holland TL80A hydraulic oil equivalent? #9