What is it about TBN...

/ What is it about TBN... #1  

KiotiJohn

That would have me on here every day even though I'm in Mexico on a vacation?
Well, I guess it's rather like keeping in touch with family and friends.
Hey! The weather is great, and there is always plenty to do here in my home-away-from-home, but there is always the call of the forum too!
I guess it's just nice to have great people with whom I can interact, even if in this medium.
Thanks all.
John

/ What is it about TBN... #2  
Hey John.....enjoy your vacation and check in often. The ability to check in worldwide is pretty much amazing.

I really feel comfortable here on TBN. I'm a newbie but have gotten lots of useful information from the members and hoperfully have passed on a bit of information in return.

Everyone here on TBN is very helpful & considerate, making new members extremely comfortable. I think it took me a month or so to post my first msg. but now I'm not at all reluctant to post info.

I am a member of one of the cult power boat boards and they are unmerciful at times. I think that they bust stones between members...but it tends to keep me in the background.

I must say that everyone here at TBN has made my participation in the forums something that I look forward to doing. TBN is my home page whenever the computer boots up so I'm here every day....just lurking & learning.

No matter how old we are or how smart we are, I think that we can constantly learn from the other persons experiences.

Sorry this is such a long post...I'm on a roll tonight! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon

/ What is it about TBN... #3  
Si /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ What is it about TBN... #4  
Mexico /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif.....Thanks for rubbing it in /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ What is it about TBN... #5  
John,

You think you got problems....I'm working in a remote area of Indonesia and cannot manage without my daily dose of TBN even though I get it via a slow VSAT internet access. It is my main entertainment. Sicko.

Sad to report that I haven't seen any Kiotis here although I did come across a Kubota L2600DT and a number of really weird two wheel rice paddy diesel tractors by Yamaha.

Ed

/ What is it about TBN...
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Mexico .....Thanks for rubbing it in )</font>
You're welcome Rick. It's about 5 til 1am here and I just looked at the thermometer in my room (windows open) and it reads 72 degrees F. Hey, rather cool tonight.
Yesterday got into the 90s. But I was thinking of all you guys in the cold cold upper states, and I thought na na nay na na. LOL
John /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ What is it about TBN... #7  
Ed,

Wheeew, after seeing you posting here @ 4 something AM i was fixin to organize a TBN intervention, so being in a slightly different time zone explains alot /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.
Now you say "What the heck are YOU doing here @ 4 AM? Well, part of my 80+ hrs a week include extra duty on my 3 days off: 12hrs fri night, 15hrs sat night and another 12hrs sun night. If it weren't for this laptop i think i may have gone completly insane(half-way there anyway /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.) Besides, i am researching and learning as much as i can before i retire in 8 months and 8 days. Then it will be barn/bridge/driveway/basement/septic/well/sawmill/loghome/fencing building time.......& what i left out will most likely fill another post /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif!
I guess that you could say that TBN is right up my alle....er..uh...neck of the woods /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif!

RD

/ What is it about TBN... #8  
Poor guy, somebody has to do it!

/ What is it about TBN... #9  
I hear ya...I'm off to Japan/China next week and will certianly log on every chance I get /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ed, what are you doing "...in a remote area of Indonesia"? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif If you don't mind me asking that is /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fred

/ What is it about TBN... #10  
I'm working in Meulaboh on the west coast of Aceh Province which is where the tsunami hit Dec 2004. I'm a technical advisor to an international organization rebuilding and hopefully improving the community health system. I'm here about 2-3 weeks every couple of months and there isn't much to do other than work, check email and wait for TBN downloads /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. If the VSAT was any slower I'd probably just watch DVDs on my computer but I like the chance to interact with fellow tractor nuts so I grin and bear miserably slow download speeds.

Of course with my main entertainment being TBN (sick eh?) /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I end up being hyper aware of any tractors in the area. As mentioned earlier, no Kiotis so far. Found one nice new Kubota L2600 set up to bush hog the airstrip we fly into. Photo shows the tractor in front of what's left of the airport control room after the wave went through. The control room is functional again even though they haven't gotten around to fixing the walls yet. I kinda doubt TSA or FAA would be too pleased with how things operate around here but the field is nicely mown. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 819414-IMG_6810 100k.jpg
    819414-IMG_6810 100k.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 219