What is it with Harley riders?

/ What is it with Harley riders? #282  
Here in PA, they lobbied hard to get rid of helmet laws. So today, at least around here, the Harley crowd went from minimal skull caps to no helmet at all.

Riders of other brands still mostly wear helmets, despite the law saying it's no longer mandatory in PA.
If the gubment and insurance companies had their way ...You would be wearing a helmet driving your car, at a max speed of 37 mph and have to spend 3 hours to get a 75 mile range electric fill up.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #283  
If the gubment and insurance companies had their way ...You would be wearing a helmet driving your car, at a max speed of 37 mph and have to spend 3 hours to get a 75 mile range electric fill up.

It's almost like there could be something in between...

/ What is it with Harley riders? #285  
Here in PA, they lobbied hard to get rid of helmet laws. So today, at least around here, the Harley crowd went from minimal skull caps to no helmet at all.

Riders of other brands still mostly wear helmets, despite the law saying it's no longer mandatory in PA.
Nor a license plate, or any regard for traffic laws. Try riding up Broad Street around Montgomery Ave sometime In Philly…. It’s like all illegal bikes swooping through traffic, wheelies and boom boxes that’ll shatter old windows.
Its like a dystopian scene out of a Mad Max movie.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #286  
Yep. And I'm not criticizing their right to go without a helmet, they should have that freedom of choice. But then don't flip and give me some stupid false BS about your loud pipes being inspired by your desire for increased safety.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #287  
Nor a license plate, or any regard for traffic laws. Try riding up Broad Street around Montgomery Ave sometime In Philly…. It’s like all illegal bikes swooping through traffic, wheelies and boom boxes that’ll shatter old windows.
Its like a dystopian scene out of a Mad Max movie.
I lived a few years walking the blocks between Powelton and Walnut, in the range 30th - 42nd streets. You probably know the neighborhood. In any case, it was like friggin' bumper cars on Market and Chestnut in particular. One day I saw two vehicles hook bumpers as they swerved down Market, one actually losing a bumper which went flying up onto the sidewalk. Neither car even stopped. :D

/ What is it with Harley riders? #288  
My son lived at 17th & Montgomery, on the s same block where the Temple cop was assassinated about 6 months ago.
Can’t blame it on Philly, the murderer was a rich kid from the suburbs. .

/ What is it with Harley riders? #289  
Yep. And I'm not criticizing their right to go without a helmet, they should have that freedom of choice. But then don't flip and give me some stupid false BS about your loud pipes being inspired by your desire for increased safety.
Its like chicken soup.. It can't hurt. I can without any doubt whatsoever tell you that I have less instances of distracted drivers almost turn into me on my "loud" bike than I have had on a quieter harley full dresser. I don't know exactly how many ..But I certainly north of 150K miles on road bikes..I have seen a lot. Many people ignorant to their surroundings..texting, playing with a radio, dealing a phone etc. ..If you are behind them..you see the irregular driving as you approach the car..If they are distracted by what they are doing...would you rather have some sort of audible notice for them to look around..or rather ride beside them in stealth mode.. It's really not that hard for me to decide.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #290  
Its possible that the guy is downshifting and the rpm goes up. Its also possible the bike does not like to idle and the guy keeps the rpm up to keep it running. I have a Harley with a altered exhaust, I tend to like the sound myself, I also like it that the over 65 crowd can hear me coming, as sometimes they dont seem to see bikes.
hay, I resemble that. I'm over 70 and I see scoots. I also still ride.