What is it with Harley riders?

/ What is it with Harley riders? #311  
Poll Question

Which of the following do you find more annoying:

(a) the aforementioned "Harley" exhaust noises, or
(b) young men sharing their musical tastes with the world via their cars' sound systems?:)

Steve

Just read this post; on my local level, A, all day long. Most vehicles have pretty good sound deadening, and I don't hear these fools music until they're upon me, then they're long gone. I can hear some cuck on his two-wheeled autoerotic pleasure machine coming from miles away, and will hear it until enough distance has passed; James, you're an accountant, not a rebel, go home. You're just as obnoxious as the 17 year old in the fart-can Civic*, but you've got 40 years on him, so what's your excuse?

*modified Camaro, RAM diesel with stacks through the bed, Crown Victoria with an exhaust leak, pick your poison.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #313  
That and boom boxes in cars. We have some clown that comes by the house regularly and the bass is annoying and I think to myself, that clown has to be deaf. Probably shaking apart all the spot welds in his car too.
I call those radios 'boom thumpers' when in a 'tight' vehicle and 'window buzzers' when the setup likely cost more than the car & you hear the trim bits rattling. What's odd is that you hear the thump coming at you and it fades quickly as it passes.

Bikes sound louder going away and you might only hear one's echo off buildings when coming at you. My ears don't appreciate much of any of the above. I like to joke that extra exhaust decibels are just horsepower leaking out.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #315  
I'm, at a gas station filling up and a gal pulls in, in a Jeep with no top doors ect AND has rapcrap on LOUD.

She stops by me and jumps out leaving the noise on and I say, "do you think everyone wants to hear that"?? She says "what you don't like my music"? I answer, "lady, IF that was music I wouldn't complain"!

She got back in her POS and drove away!

BTW, that's worse than ANY Harley I've ever heard!!

SR

/ What is it with Harley riders? #316  
Since some seem to think to loud noise garners safety attention. Perhaps removing mufflers from all vehicles should be happening! (So the truckers know we are there!)
Im in

/ What is it with Harley riders? #317  
I'm, at a gas station filling up and a gal pulls in, in a Jeep with no top doors ect AND has rapcrap on LOUD.

She stops by me and jumps out leaving the noise on and I say, "do you think everyone wants to hear that"?? She says "what you don't like my music"? I answer, "lady, IF that was music I wouldn't complain"!

She got back in her POS and drove away!

BTW, that's worse than ANY Harley I've ever heard!!

SR
LOL, love it but I would still vote the bike. As mentioned, you can hear some bikes for miles coming and going. Now the car exhausts that make that crazy popping sound on deceleration may be worse than the loud piped bikes but it's close.

The loud pipes saves lives mentality makes me think bicycle riders need to add a loud music player. Maybe pedestrians need something too.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #318  
LOL, love it but I would still vote the bike. As mentioned, you can hear some bikes for miles coming and going. Now the car exhausts that make that crazy popping sound on deceleration may be worse than the loud piped bikes but it's close.

The loud pipes saves lives mentality makes me think bicycle riders need to add a loud music player. Maybe pedestrians need something too.

INFLATABLE-BOOM-BOX_eeff5d6b-e265-48b5-8375-c1d87a6169c3_1.5f644c89932d0f0accf12db61dc718bb.jpeg

/ What is it with Harley riders? #319  
Now the car exhausts that make that crazy popping sound on deceleration may be worse than the loud piped bikes but it's close.
I was on my way home from Mew York, Vermont, or one of those places I used to work for three or four weeks straight. Ten hours on the road and I was almost home, driving on autopilot when I came up behind one of those little cars with a megaphone muffler. I went out around him when I suddenly heard a chainsaw! WTF, it’s 9:00 at night!!
Then I realized he had stepped on the gas trying to keep me from getting by.
Try again punk… Detroit may have it’s problems but you will still need better than that 4-banger to catch me.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #320  
In the summer, out here in the country, a mile from US20 and a mile from SR15, it's rare that you don't hear a Harley somewhere in the distance every 30 seconds or so.
A couple of weeks ago, a mass of Harleys, honestly must have been at least 50 of them cam blasting down the county road a couple of hundred feet south of me. I could hear them for a few minutes off in the distance.
They don't seem to understand that what they feel is cool is extremely annoying to other people, and they don't seem to give a damn.
The people that drive the lowered, muffler deleted Honda Civics and the like are getting just as bad.