What is it ?

/ What is it ? #1  

BertZegers

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2900, Zetor 8011, Kubota KX41Excavator, John Deere 4400 Combine, Case 1816C skidsteer
I was given a 3 point hitch mower that was not used for some years. The cutting width is 5 ft. There is a plate with the number 3099 and 100389.

I think that is the model and serial number. The colours are green and yellow, but a search in the John Deere parts catalog comes up empty.
[/ATTACH] found.jpgplate.jpg
I would like to know the brand.

Attachments

• wash.jpg
    wash.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 200
   / What is it ? #2  
Looks like a really old John Deere rotary cutter/brush hog. It's design looks even more prehistoric than my JD Gyramor 205 which is from the late 60's. I'm not sure if that circular bracket on top is factory or done afterwards. I've never seen anything like it.IMG_20190720_113217.jpg

/ What is it ?
Cglazer104, I have tried the rotary cutter on my kubota L2900 (28 HP) and I thought I was pushing it. What HP is your tractor?

/ What is it ? #4  
Cglazer104, I have tried the rotary cutter on my kubota L2900 (28 HP) and I thought I was pushing it. What HP is your tractor?

Their site lists it at 22.5 engine hp and 18.3 pto hp.

/ What is it ? #5  
18.7hp at the PTO. 22.5hp gross engine HP. Different gearbox ratios yield different results on the implement. In this particular case my machine handles the 5' cutter exceptionally well only really bogging when getting into 2"-3" hardwood saplings.

/ What is it ? #7  
   / What is it ?
Thanks guys, some welds need re-welding, other than that it seems to work fine.