What is the best house wash solution in 2021 for vinyl siding?

/ What is the best house wash solution in 2021 for vinyl siding? #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
These things change all the time. What do TBN'ers recommend for a 2 story house in Northern Virginia?
I'd like to be able spray it on with a garden hose, BEING CAREFUL TO ONLY LET THE SOLUTION HIT THE HOUSE ON THE WAY DOWN!!
Then rinse it off USING SIMILAR CAUTION.
I know not to spray up and get water UNDER THE SIDING.
/edit
This is primarily to reduce algae buildup from last year. I've used Wet and Forget, self mixed Vinegar and water, etc. before.
I've got about 2,000 sq ft of surface to do.

Last edited:
   / What is the best house wash solution in 2021 for vinyl siding? #2  
If you find a solution that doesn’t require scrubbing or even a pressure washer I’m all ears.

/ What is the best house wash solution in 2021 for vinyl siding? #4  
Might depend on what you’re trying to wash off.

Otherwise take your pick of the cleaners available. There will not be any one “absolutely best” product.

/ What is the best house wash solution in 2021 for vinyl siding? #5  
Before I got the pressure washer I would mix 1/2 cup TAP with 1 gallon of Clorox and put it in one of the hose attachments made for spraying pesticides. Spray it on, let it stay for a few minutes. Then spray it off with the water hose. Had to swap nozzles a lot but it worked.

RSKY

/ What is the best house wash solution in 2021 for vinyl siding? #6  
I don't have vinyl, but have had good luck using TSP powder (trisodium phosphate) mixed with Chlorox on stained wood siding. I've always used a bucket and brush, however. If your new method leaves a few spots, I'd recommend this for them.

I've used Wet and Forget on the roof...worked, but took a long time to see results.

Good luck in your search.

/ What is the best house wash solution in 2021 for vinyl siding? #7  
I have used 50% water with 50% bleach for 25+ years. Don't try to mix too strong or it will eat the finish off of your aluminum window frames. My house is one story so sometimes I get lazy and just wash with the pressure washer. Other times i go back to the old tried and true bleach and water. Sometimes it take two applications but I never have to scrub. Just spray it on, let sit a few minutes, and rinse.

/ What is the best house wash solution in 2021 for vinyl siding? #9  
Do you have any of those dark spots that appear in the vicinity of where a spider has lived (spider poop)? If so try spray on oven cleaner, it worked great for me when nothing else did.

/ What is the best house wash solution in 2021 for vinyl siding? #10  
Before I got the pressure washer I would mix 1/2 cup TAP with 1 gallon of Clorox and put it in one of the hose attachments made for spraying pesticides. Spray it on, let it stay for a few minutes. Then spray it off with the water hose. Had to swap nozzles a lot but it worked.

RSKY

TAP?