What is the best innertube patch kit

/ What is the best innertube patch kit #2  
These days I get what's available at Tractor Supply. Last time I bought tubeless tires for the front and plugged the last slow leak.

/ What is the best innertube patch kit #3  
This may sound crazy but I had a thorn in the sidewall of a bias ply 13.6x 24 rear tire that turned out to be tube type which i found out way after making a repair. I got a new, gooey stick of packing, and opened a new tube of cement. Did the hole cleanout and ran the patch. So far so good.

My guess is that the tube has been in the tire for a long time and essentially vulcanized (somewhat) itself to the tire such that you have a solid sandwich. I know this happens from trying to pull tubes out of farm tires that have been in there for a long time. So, that being the case, and the fact that the tire was aired up, keeping the tube against the tire, it accepted the plug patch just like it were a tubeless.

Try it. You may win and surely worth the gamble vs tearing down something like that tire alone.

/ What is the best innertube patch kit #4  
I personally have had poor luck with any rubber product from TSC from tires to tubes they don't last 2 years.

Thanks cHina.

/ What is the best innertube patch kit #5  
Have a look at this link, take out the spaces after the //
https:// kis.rema-tiptop.net/catalog/RTT/CatalogArticlesList.aspx?LanguageID=EN&L=6&LL=&GLS0=1&GLS1=1&GLS2=1&GLS3=2&PLS0=4

Last edited:
   / What is the best innertube patch kit #6  
I personally have had poor luck with any rubber product from TSC from tires to tubes they don't last 2 years.

Thanks cHina.

You are blaming the wrong people. It's the importers who set the quality control standards and who buy from the cheapest producer in the first place.

/ What is the best innertube patch kit #7  
I use ones from an auto parts store. Anything with instructions in English. For me the key element is drying the rubber cement with a hair dryer/heat gun before slapping on the patch.

Another hint is to mark the position of the TIRE relative to the valve stem before dismounting (the tube position should be obvious) so that you carefully inspect the tire inner surface for the culprit in that area. This includes the wheel. I have found that weld flash on the wheel/rim is often the cause of my tube punctures, especially if I've added a tube to a wheel that was tubeless because of bead sealing issues.

/ What is the best innertube patch kit #8  
I have gotten patches and glue from NAPA, but I have ordered from Gemplers several times.
The last repair on one of my 18.4-30's which are actually pretty much wore out involved installing two boots in the tire then patching the tube.
Those boots, patches and glue came from Gemplers.

/ What is the best innertube patch kit #9  
It's a kicker when you buy (and pay more) from a name brand store and still end up with the same imported crapola! It's so hard to sort things out.

Hint, the quicker the glue makes you high, the better the quality:confused2:

/ What is the best innertube patch kit #10  
Yes, many places won't ship the good glues, paints and or sealers to NY. Some times a quick trip to Vermont or pay for double shipping have it sent else where then reship to me.
Good busy body bureaucrats and politicians.