What is the coldest you have ever been ?

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #11  
Gamble, Alaska (Western edge of St. Lawrence Isle in the Bering Straight). One had to be fast on his feet. We lived in Quonset huts connected by passage ways (no heat in them). Commonly 40 below with a wind.

Toilet was a shack built above 50 gal oil drums that, when full, were pulled through a loose fitting door and burned out of town. Need to take a dump you didn't sit there long with the breeze blowing straight up!!

Harry K

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #12  
Swam in swim meet in FT. Lauderdale in Jan. one year ( about 1969 ) and temp was in the 80's...drove back to Minnesota in two days ,then went rabbit hunting the next day ( temp. - 30 with wind chill of -60)...then there was the time I slept (tried !!!) in the open near the top of Mt. Fuji in Japan ( if COLD didn't get me it was going to altitude sickness)....

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #13  
-61 F in 1973 ... my 1962 chev was the only car to start in the parking lot ( don't know how cold it was with a wind chill )

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #14  
Two times, once went swimming in the river in mid February by accident, clothes frozen by the time I got to my grandmothers house a short distance away and once at pier 12 in Norfolk, USS America in early Jan, I arrived early and no airwing spaces were heated at the time and we had no hot water turned on in airwing spaces. Used 3 wool blankets and after about three days took a QUICK NAVY SHOWER with freezing shower water.

mark

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #15  
I can relate.
Two times, once went swimming in the river in mid February by accident, clothes frozen by the time I got to my grandmothers house a short distance away and once at pier 12 in Norfolk, USS America in early Jan, I arrived early and no airwing spaces were heated at the time and we had no hot water turned on in airwing spaces. Used 3 wool blankets and after about three days took a QUICK NAVY SHOWER with freezing shower water.

mark

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #16  
Eielson Air Force Base Alaska -66F, So cold propane wasn't turning to a gas, you could throw a full cup off coffee in the air and it would freeze instantly. There on business doing training. The cat engines wouldn't run because the ambient air temp sensor wouldn't register anything below -40, so the engine would default to 60, and they would die. The natives even considered it cold.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #17  
Temperature in the +20'sF and a 30mph wind, not dressed for it, is the coldest I've felt.

Temperature in the -30'sF and dressed properly was no problem in AK.

Bruce

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #19  
Nothing compared to you guys, but back in the 90's, it was -15F here with a wind giving us a -60F windchill. We tried to hunt that morning, I froze up, despite severe winter gear. We gave up right after daylight, even the deer were shivering someplace. We went to a diner for breakfast, and found out most folks hadn't even tried to go out. I haven't gone hunting since. It isn't worth getting up at 0 god 30, freezing my nuts off.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #20  
-27 going up the mountain in an open chair lift - skiing in Colorado. We only went up the mountain once and spent the rest of the day thawing out. Wasted a lift ticket that day.