What is the value of 3 range HST vs. 2 range?

/ What is the value of 3 range HST vs. 2 range? #51  
I own an l3901 Kubota I very seldom ever used third gear and only then to use as a transport option. My advice on the tractors would be to consider a 3901 particularly if you're ever going to low hi grass on grades. The extra horses are convenient and I have absolutely no problem with the emission system on that tractor. I'd look into that that's my advice other than that would be to consider the extra horsepower for checking life your climbing hills and hauling a load or mowing.

/ What is the value of 3 range HST vs. 2 range? #52  
3 ranges give you more options. M for most work, L for earth engaging and heavy loader work, H for transport

Andy

/ What is the value of 3 range HST vs. 2 range? #54  
Like the other two guys said, the feature I like best on my L3540HSTC is the 3 ranges and high/low in each range.

/ What is the value of 3 range HST vs. 2 range? #55  
Hi all,
I'm very close to my first tractor purchase ever and it's become a choice between the Kubota B2601 and the Kioti CK2510. Both will be equipped with loader, backhoe, and grapple. I'm on 3 acres of hilly land, half of which is heavily wooded and unlikely ever to be fully cleared although I might remove a few very large overgrown pines and burn them. I would be clearing a lot of blackberry bramble, moving some rocks around, moving dirt/gravel, and helping with various jobs that come up such as my current re-build of a retaining wall.

I don't plan to do any mowing with the tractor although I guess it's possible someday in the future, but it's not one of my major decision makers.
I could probably get by with a SCUT but I'm trying to heed the advice to buy a bigger tractor than you think you'll need.

As I've never owned a tractor, I'm just not clear on the advantages of a 3 range HST (the Kubota) compared to a 2 range (the Kioti). Can someone explain how I might use a 3 range versus a 2 range? I don't want to wish I had purchased the other tractor when it's too late.

There are various other pros/cons between the two, most of which I think I understand reasonably well.

Thanks!
Dan
The Kioti CK is a 3 range transmission, the CS and CX series are the sub compacts with the very small front tires and smaller rear tires. I have a new CH2620 with the 3 range transmission, I use the mid range often, the low range when needed, and the high occasionally. The high is just moving the tractor on level or downhill traveling with no load.
Mine has the R14 tires which I am well pleased with at this time.