Oil & Fuel What is this light?

/ What is this light? #1  

r0bg

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5010HS
IMG_5863.jpg

Can’t find it in the manual and I can’t figure out why it’s on.

/ What is this light? #2  
My guess water in fuel filter separator ..

/ What is this light? #3  
+1 for water in fuel filter.

EDIT: From the service manual:

1698607920803.png

/ What is this light?
I wonder why it would be saying that. I just took my tank out, drained it, reinstalled it and changed that filter.

/ What is this light? #5  
Does it require you to unplug the sensor? Did you plug it back it if that's the case?

1698613782837.png

Last edited:
   / What is this light?
Thanks for the image. I must have air. I’ll loosen #2 and press #1 until I get things correct.

/ What is this light?
I think I’m close but not quite there. Following the given guidance I opened the bleeding bolt, #2 in the illustration, and pressed the priming pump. It took many presses to get the air out until only fuel was coming out. The lamp went out and I was back in business for a good hour and it came back on. Bled the fuel filter again and air came out again. This happened 2-3 more times but I get a lot of work done and stopped for the the day. Headed back today to do more shredding.

I wonder what’s causing this. There’s nothing dripping between the tank and the filter so I don’t suspect a leak. What I’m questioning is the what I did when I first put the filter on. I installed it like I’d do an oil filter and went to crank the tractor. It wouldn’t start. Knowing the only change between then and the last time it ran was the fuel filter I pulled it back off, filled it with diesel, and the tractor cranked. I know now I should have done that bleeding process instead of pouring in gas and I also know I should never have cranked it prior to the bleed. Do you think my problem is stemming from cranking it with an empty fuel filter and how do I fix it?

/ What is this light?
Looks like it worked itself out. Bled the filter before I got started to day and she ran perfectly all day. Next time I change the fuel filter I’ll do it right. Thanks again for the help! The pictures solved everything.