What is this?

/ What is this? #1  

chipsndust

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1025R, Curtis cab
I know it's an o-ring, I found it on the ground in the area where I park my 2305. Sure looks like JD green paint. I also have FEL. Any idea if this came off my tractor? If so where?

Attachments

• 100_0640crop.jpg
    100_0640crop.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 422
   / What is this? #2  
It looks like the "O" ring that JD puts on the CX200 lift cylinders. They come off pretty early in use and seem to be there to help wipe dust off of the cylinder. Mine feel of a few weeks back . I really don't feel they are nessary being there is a cup seal on the end of the cylinder.

Jim

/ What is this?
Jim:
Thanks for your response.
I looked at my loader, there is an o-ring on the left cylinder. It's out at the end of the ram. The one I found on the ground must have come off the right side. Once I knew it came off the loader, I checked the manual. On page 50-3, under assembly instructions, there is a picture of them. The caption says "Cut paint mask rings off all cylinders". Mystery solved.

/ What is this? #4  
Well I'm glad someone read their owners manual:) I'm having a new JD tractor and loader delivered next week and now I will know just what to do with them 'thangs when it comes!