What is this?

/ What is this? #1  

Redneck_Randy

Platinum Member
Tractor
2005 New Holland TC35A
   / What is this? #2  
I could be wrong, but that picture seems to trigger an old memory of a hand planting stick. It saved your back from not having to bend over all day. I don't believe that all the pieces are there, if my memory has not completely failed me there was a bag that hung from your shoulder and a tube to feed the planter.

Edit: I should have said it was a corn planter, a pre-horse drawn, planter.

Last edited:
   / What is this? #4  
That is a hay harpoon here is a link to one on ebay HAY HARPOON

/ What is this? #5  
You nailed it WhyNot! I knew I had seen that object before but the old memory could not dredge up the correct name or usage. Thanks for straightening me out.

/ What is this? #6  
Dozernut said:
You nailed it WhyNot! I knew I had seen that object before but the old memory could not dredge up the correct name or usage. Thanks for straightening me out.
Same here. I thought that it was a hay fork of some sort but it took some searching on google to get the correct name. Then I remembered a friend of mine that has a collection of hay forks has one and that is where I had seen one before.

/ What is this?
WOW! I would have never thought it was used for hay. BIG Thanks Why not. I'll let them know what it is.

Thanks

/ What is this? #8  
Randy, did the chevytalk guys ever figure out what that thing was? Haven't been there in a while... but I do remember seeing that "thing" & it sure stumped me.

/ What is this?
dbdartman said:
Randy, did the chevytalk guys ever figure out what that thing was? Haven't been there in a while... but I do remember seeing that "thing" & it sure stumped me.

No, they didn't firgure out what is was until I passed the info from here as to what it was to them.