What is your cleaning and maintenance routine for your chainsaw?

/ What is your cleaning and maintenance routine for your chainsaw? #11  
Use the high priced 50:1 premix. Sharpen chain every hour or each use. Drain oil and gas at end of season. Replace plug and air filter beginning of season. I hate paying 10 bucks for what seems like a thimble full of gas, but, my 2 saws, weed eater, and blower mister keep fuel in all season, and none of them even pretend to have carb problems.

Best,

ed

/ What is your cleaning and maintenance routine for your chainsaw? #12  
Use the high priced 50:1 premix. Sharpen chain every hour or each use. Drain oil and gas at end of season. Replace plug and air filter beginning of season. I hate paying 10 bucks for what seems like a thimble full of gas, but, my 2 saws, weed eater, and blower mister keep fuel in all season, and none of them even pretend to have carb problems.

Best,

ed
I guess we are lucky.
In Minnesota when we go down for our grocery runs we can buy pump gas that's ethanol free / 91 octane.
Last weekend when I filled up my jerry cans I think it was around $2.70 / gallon.
Stihl makes what seems to be a great 2 cycle premium mix oil with 1 bottle being a little more than whats needed for 2 5 gallon jerry cans.

/ What is your cleaning and maintenance routine for your chainsaw? #13  
Hi Test gas only , air gun blow clean often.
I have owned owned chain saws for over 60 years and rarely ever had problems.
I always keep my chains sharp and use a file.

/ What is your cleaning and maintenance routine for your chainsaw? #14  
Both chains saws air filters good cleaner soaking than compressor air dry also use on chain saws,check all nuts bolts for tightens,check bar for wear etc.

/ What is your cleaning and maintenance routine for your chainsaw? #15  
Contrarian that I am I never drain the fuel out of my 2 cycle equipment. The three saws can sit on the shelf for 6 months. Starts up just fine. Saws work a hard day or two, or a light day depending on what has fallen on the trails. I used to just use premium gas for my mix. Now I just use non-ethanol gas for the mix.
I've found that whether or not to drain the tank very much depends on the engine. My Echo saw starts and runs just fine sitting 6 mo. or more with fuel in the tank. Other 2 stroke equipment not necessarily. Like you, I generally use non-e gas for 2 stroke mix, and for for my ATV which sits for months at a time. Carbureted engines are much fussier than FI ones.

As far as other maintenance, I'll wipe it down after use and do a more thorough cleaning when I sharpen the chain. Plug usually gets replaced every year or two depending on how much I used it. Air filter gets cleaned when I think of it. :ROFLMAO:

/ What is your cleaning and maintenance routine for your chainsaw? #16  
i touch up the chain every other tank, or when it gets dull. At the end of the day or before the next time I use them, I take the clutch cover off and clean everything out, including oil port and bar groove. Blow off the saw, the Stihl/Echo saws get the air filter blown out, Husqvarna saws I don't bother with that except maybe once a year.

Put them all back together, grease the nose sprocket if it's got one that's greasable, sharpen the chain, check and file depth gauge/raker height (and no, they are not actually rakers, but I say call 'em what you like because everyone still knows what you're talking about, so it doesn't matter), fill gas and oil tanks and they're ready to go for next time.

I use 91 or better octane ethanol free fuel only with a good quality oil at 50:1. In fact, I only use ethanol free gas for all power and off road equipment.

/ What is your cleaning and maintenance routine for your chainsaw? #17  
I researched this for my stihl and it/they say full tank storage. The Stihl ”motomix” has a shelf life of 2 years. So I buy a small can of that for storage.

/ What is your cleaning and maintenance routine for your chainsaw? #20  
I blow with my compressor all external grime / clutch every time I flip my bar/chain which is about after 3 days use when I do a serious sharpen.
I touch up my chain sharpness ever night and do a better sharpen every 3 days or so. Rare occasions i touch up my chain sharpness during luch break when if i know I did something I should not have done like touched the ground.
Plug/fuel filter every 10 gallons of fuel.
Fuel pickup line every spring and fall.
Depending on what saw (what type of air filter) its gets a good visual inspection every time I run a file over the chain but I cut alot and usually go through them quicker than most as I find them cheap to replace when bought in bulk.
Needle bearing, clutch springs and oiler gears inspected / cleaned every 10 gallons of fuel and replaced 1 - 2x per year. I rarely ever replace an oil pump unless it fails which is super easy to tell when that happens as you can smell and see color of shavings change..

Much of my maintenance is just out of habit vs. per the book like fuel pickup every spring and fall just becasue and the parts are really cheap versus having a bad running saw.
I may need to print this out and post it in my building as a reminder until I get it memorized.