What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #51  
There are various quotes or sayings that I have heard or read during the course of my life, that have captured my attention. Some of these have even influenced my life in some way. One of my favorites is: "What is Honor? Honor is what no man can give you, and what no man can take away. Honor is a man's gift to himself." What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

"Never listen to a man who has only read one book" ?

"Never mistake motion for action" Ernest Hemingway

"Bears that walk quietly don't get shot" My son

On that same vein.

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if it kept it's mouth shut" Given to me in the form of wall plaque by my old, and best, bookeeper. May she rest in peace.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #53  
Another one: Never bring a Knife to a Gunfight.

We have one with the fire department: Never bring an ambulance to a gunfight... until it's over.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #54  
My kids gave me one...Never shoot your mouth off, before your brains are loaded?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #55  
One of my favorite came from movie," Outlaw Josie Wells"? " Don't pee down my back, and tell me its raining?"...Which is still use...

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #56  
Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

My fathers favorite saying, " A man is only as good as his word"

This one goes with yours..".never trust a man whom won't look you into your eyes." hey, This is a fun thread...

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #57  
Neither a borrower nor lender be.

When you loan money to a friend, you will soon have to choose between money and friend.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until next week.

A rich man can afford anything he even thinks he wants, whereas a wealthy man still covets what he already has.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #59  
"if you have to say you are, you are not"

Maggy Thatcher.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #60  
My Grandad told me "If you find a job you love, you'll never work a day in your life"

"Never trust a man who - when left alone in a room with a tea-cosy - does not try it on". - Billy Conolly.

Also, "Ignorance begets confidence more frequently than does knowledge" - A spot-on observation by Charles Darwin.

:)

There are some nice ones posted in this thread; Thanks for a good read :)