What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #7,033  
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” – H.L. Mencken (1880 – 1956)

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #7,036  
Graffiti seen in Berkeley long ago:

Time ... is why everything doesn't happen all at once.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #7,037  
Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
- Diderot

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #7,038  
My Dad on troubleshooting a mechanical problem...

. "To find out what it is, first find out what it ain't "

His approach was to rule out the cheapest, easiest, most obvious first, and move up from there.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #7,039  
My Dad on troubleshooting a mechanical problem...

. "To find out what it is, first find out what it ain't "

His approach was to rule out the cheapest, easiest, most obvious first, and move up from there.
That's how I was trained to 'fault-find' by the Navy... and how I instructed the Sailors later on. For some reason the schools started teaching the young 'techs' to "drive the books/manuals" and consult the troubleshooting section whenever an equipment fault occurred.

Wrong! I'd have to make them tell me 'what was working' so that they could narrow it down to 'what it wasn't'. Only then would I allow them to touch a manual.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #7,040  
If not now, then when?