What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,251  
The Blues Brothers

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

Can't leave out "We're on a Mission from God"... CLASSIC!

David

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,252  
Another one of my Favorites:

Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life.

I was trying (and failing) to recall Josie's side of this because I like the bold simple way he says we can fight and die, or we can cooperate and live.

Good stuff.

David

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,253  
Probably from same movie but when the Clint Eastwood character crosses paths with the snake oil salesman who assures him his tonic will cure all that ails plus a number of other issues, Eastwood spits on his suit and asks...

"How's it on stains??

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,254  
While we're quoting from the movies, here's a couple from "Conspiracy Theory" with Mel Gibson:

I'm only paranoid because they want me dead.

And, IIRC, when Julia Roberts asked him, "Why don't you just go to the police?" He answered,

You don't understand. I have a few issues.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,255  
And, here's one from "Fried Green Tomatoes:

[Evelyn is cut off in a parking lot]
Evelyn Couch: Hey! I was waiting for that spot!
Girl #1: Face it, lady, we're younger and faster!
[Evelyn rear-ends the other car six times]
Girl #1: What are you *doing*?
Girl #2: Are you *crazy*?
Evelyn Couch: Face it, girls, I'm older and I have more insurance.

Love it! :D

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,256  
RoyJackson said:
And none of them repeatable on TBN!!!

Choke your self! No you idiot! With my hand!

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,258  
CBW1999 said:
"Did your parents have any children that lived?"..........................."I bet they regret that!"

Quote from full metal jacket! LOL

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,259  
Quote from full metal jacket! LOL

Fifteen Dollars is too beau coup, five dollars is all my mom let's me spend!

Is it just me or do others see "Full Metal Jacket" as a big comedy? I have heard it described as a "dark drama" but I always got a lot of laughs out of "FMJ" There are so many laugh lines in the thing.... "tough break for handjob"... :)

James K0UA

Last edited:
   / What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,260  
k0ua said:
Fifteen Dollars is too beau coup, five dollars is all my mom let's me spend!

Is it just me or do others see "Full Metal Jacket" as a big comedy? I have heard it described as a "dark drama" but I always got a lot of laughs out of "FMJ" There are so many laugh lines in the thing.... "tough break for handjob"... :)

James K0UA

James K0UA

I have to say after going to Parris Island and later being good friends with several Drill Instructors...... They comedy of the movie is all real...

Couple of boot camp jokes that only a fellow Marine will understand....

"moonbeams on"
Click sir

ZERO...
FREEZE SIR!

Speed bumps out!!!

Speed bumps in!!!!

Make a hole!! Gangway or sickbay... Make a hole!!!