What kind of Box Scraper?

/ What kind of Box Scraper? #11  
Thanks guys. It gives me something to think about. The dealer told me to use a 5 footer but that doesn't seem like it would cut out the tires enough.
Thanks again.
Owner's Manual: It will have a list of maximum sized implements for the 3ph. Don't hesitate to go a bit bigger and/or heavier.

/ What kind of Box Scraper? #12  
The dealer told me to use a 5 footer but that doesn't seem like it would cover the tires.

I often remove several cubic yards of ashes and dirt from a community burn pit which is essentially a trench.

RE: 60" Box Blade width: If the Box Blade working width is 8" narrower than your tires and you are pulling dirt from a trench, your rear tires will eventually be up on a low dirt shelves on left/right and your Box Blade may not reach the trench floor. Your rear tires will try to friction cut the trench sides adding draft force resistance.

If you have a 60" wide bucket on your FEL a 66" Box Blade should be fine, as overall Box Blade width will probably be 70", tractor weight will mash down a certain amount of dirt and no Box Blade pulls continually straight. But you may have to wait months for delivery.

If you have a 72" wide bucket on your FEL order a 72" wide Box Blade.

Last edited:
   / What kind of Box Scraper? #13  
I have a Woods BSM72P on my Kioti CK2610 (similar weight to your tractor). I wanted to make sure I could cover my tire width. It's heavy(680lbs), so it makes for decent ballast also. To be honest when full it is a bit much for my 25HP, and that is in soil. Rocks would probably stall it. I just take smaller cuts and it is fine, staying with roughly a half box of material. I I wanted to max it out a 5' would have been good, a 5'6" a bit too large. It all depends what you want to do.
So you are running out of hp before you lose traction? Even in low?

/ What kind of Box Scraper? #14  
So you are running out of hp before you lose traction? Even in low?
I used to spin all 4 tires. Now with filled rears it's close, but I tend to stall before I lose traction. So I am putting all 25hp to the ground, just running out of steam with a full box.

Edit : I tried this again, and it will pull the full 72" box in dry sandy loam, in low, very slowly. I got confused because with the filled tires and the box blade as ballast, I can now stall the tractor if I do something stupid, like dig too deep with the forks, or take too big a cut with the bucket. But not with the full box blade, in my light conditions anyway.

Last edited:
   / What kind of Box Scraper? #15  
I have to presume from what has been said you tractor is 30 hp or so..

We got a China built, 5' box blade from our local auto farm store on a catalog sale flyer reduced price.. We use it on a 32 hp JD.. The blade is 2" a side wider than the tractor foot print that has loaded turfs..

When doing aggressive work, the tractor has plenty of power, just not weight to maintain traction.. The China made blade does all that is expected of it, and what a box blade is capable of doing.. The fact it came at a much lower price than other options in this area is a bonus to me..

/ What kind of Box Scraper? #16  
If the BB is wider than the tractor and a bit large for the tractor, lift the 3pt a pinch in the hard spots.

If the BB is narrower than the tractor, bummer. Can't fix that.....

/ What kind of Box Scraper? #17  
Owner's Manual: It will have a list of maximum sized implements for the 3ph. Don't hesitate to go a bit bigger and/or heavier.
The owners manual says use a 52 incher. I think everything in the manual is listed for regular farm tires not the R4 tires which make it wider. My FEL is 65 inches so I will get a 66 or 65 inch BB. Thank you all for your help.

/ What kind of Box Scraper? #18  
I have to presume from what has been said you tractor is 30 hp or so..

We got a China built, 5' box blade from our local auto farm store on a catalog sale flyer reduced price.. We use it on a 32 hp JD.. The blade is 2" a side wider than the tractor foot print that has loaded turfs..

When doing aggressive work, the tractor has plenty of power, just not weight to maintain traction.. The China made blade does all that is expected of it, and what a box blade is capable of doing.. The fact it came at a much lower price than other options in this area is a bonus to me..

Got my 'China built' on sales from Princess Auto for $600 last week. It's 5', weights 500lb and survived its first use without damage last weekend being pushed and pulled by my 30 HP tractor. Digged up many 6-10" boulders with it on my 1000 feet road. Now my road is so much more flat. My snow blower will no longer bounce and scratch on those big boulders sticking out next winter :)

/ What kind of Box Scraper? #19  
Got my 'China built' on sales from Princess Auto for $600 last week. It's 5', weights 500lb
+ + + +
Exactly what we got... A couple years or so ago it was $500 or a bit less (?) on sale.. Cheaper than I could buy the steel and make one at that time..

You are lucky your boulders are only 6-10" ... At my old lake place I routinely scalped a rock with the mower deck that was showing about the size of my hand.. When I finely got it dug out, it was the size of a wash tub... With a scalped top.... Bugger...

/ What kind of Box Scraper? #20  
I'm looking at a Chinese box blade as well: RBB4FT 150 cm GEOGRASS leveller with basket

Does this look like the sort of thing y'all run into? There aren't many options for box blades in Europe, it doesn't seem as well known.

There is a public tractor path that runs in between our property. I want to keep it maintained enough that it doesn't form mud pits, as then people swerve around them, and one time someone snapped a wire on the electric fence (without noticing, apparently). Beyond that, I would make finally some paths on our property and smooth out where pigs in the past dug the land.

With a boxblade, if one arm of the 3pt is lower than the other, it would cut a bit of a slope? So that when it rains, water would tend to run off and not pool?

My tractors tires are 154cm outside-outside right now, though I can change that to be a bit narrower, so I'm thinking the 150cm wide (appx 5' -- I think the Poles wrote down the wrong model number on the link above) would be ideal?