What kind of PU tires should I get?

/ What kind of PU tires should I get? #1  

Rock knocker

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 950
Toyota Tacoma 4X4 used as an everyday driver, but also into the mountains. Now running Firestones P265-70R16's. No issue running P tires.

/ What kind of PU tires should I get? #2  
If you need to go off road, or drive in snow, BF Goodrich all terain T/A.

Last edited:
   / What kind of PU tires should I get? #3  
Hard to beat the Coopers, Falken, and Hankook AT tires along with the BFG's. Another good one is the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.

Chris

/ What kind of PU tires should I get? #4  
Toyota Tacoma 4X4 used as an everyday driver, but also
into the mountains. Now running Firestones P265-70R16's. No issue running P tires.

I still have my OEM tires (same size as yours) on my small Taco V6 4x4 (2004). I looked
into larger AT tires, but the 16-inch wheel is very limiting these days. The only larger
one I could find is the Yokohama Geolander LT285-70R16. I definitely prefer AT to
passenger-type M&S for my truck, also used in the mountains.

At only 19K miles, I am waiting to wear mine out before making this change.

/ What kind of PU tires should I get? #6  
Isn't that almost like asking what brand of tractor, or what brand of pickup to buy?:laughing: Lots of personal preference as well as logical ideas of what's best. But anyway, my little Ranger pickup currently has OEM size P225/70R15 BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A tires and my Crown Vic has P225/60R16 Michelin Summetry tires and if I had to replace tires on either, I'd want the same thing I now have. But since the Ranger tires only have 36,200 miles on them and the Crown Vic tires were on the car when I bought it with 41,400 miles on it and now has 68,600 miles, I don't anticipate replacing either in the near future.

/ What kind of PU tires should I get? #7  
I run Toyo open country and have been pleased

Last edited:
   / What kind of PU tires should I get? #8  
Round ones

/ What kind of PU tires should I get? #9  
Just put a set of Cooper Discover AT3's on mine..Love them so far. Used to run BFG AT/TA's...Loved those as well..Just got a little to pricey for my tastes.

/ What kind of PU tires should I get? #10  
if you want to support an American owned company then Cooper is the tire of choice.
If its price the Nitto terra grapplers are pretty awesome for the price.
If none of the above apply then Michelins are your new tire.