What motor oil for '47 Deere model A? Non-detergent?

/ What motor oil for '47 Deere model A? Non-detergent? #21  
Interesting discussion on non-detergent oil. I have a old air compressor it pumps good still today and meets my needs of today which is mainly airing up tires. Years ago when I purchased the unit it had a tag attached that said "Warning" use only non-detergent oil. I have often wondered if the compressor has Babbitt Bearings.

Over the years a quart of non-detergent has increased and increased. Ingersoll Rand really loves there's.

Wow, that’s some high dollar oil.

/ What motor oil for '47 Deere model A? Non-detergent? #22  
I buy 1 oil here and everything on the place drinks from the same bucket cept the 2 stroke motors. its diesel rated. goes in the ford trucks gas and diesel 7.3, IH 250c crawler loader, the 98 explorer , all garden tillers, etc. --- been using it for 20 years.

/ What motor oil for '47 Deere model A? Non-detergent? #23  
Long ago, about 1962, I bought a used 1950 Oldsmobile. $100, clean, a nice car. One of GM's first 'modern' V8s. At 100k miles the hydraulic lifters were apparently crudded up and there was a lot of valve clatter. I tried Delo high-detergent Diesel oil hoping to clean the engine. Nope. Even with several oil/filter changes this apparently got even more debris circulating and into the lifters and they clattered worse. Don't Do This.