What rear tractor tires to buy?

/ What rear tractor tires to buy? #1  

HCJtractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Massey Ferguson 240
I’m in need of new rear tires for my Kubota M6800 4WD, size 16.9-30. I will fill these, and want R-1 Ag tires.
I use it for general work on my hunting property...disking, Bush-hogging , and FEL work. I don’t want to spend a fortune, but want good quality. What’s your advice on what tires to get and where? I see so many choices...Firestone, BKT, Michelins etc.

/ What rear tractor tires to buy? #2  
I have Firestone on my Kubota M6040. They are a quality tire and are not cheap. My previous tractor had Goodyear. My tractors were/are housed in a large carport - OUT OF THE SUN. The Goodyear tires on my previous tractor were still in good shape when I traded it in. Purchased new in 1982 - traded in, in 2009. That's 27 years with no signs of cracking, flaking, bumps or blemishes.

Titan is supposed to be a good brand. Store your tractor out of the sun. UV is death on rubber products.

/ What rear tractor tires to buy? #3  
When it comes to ag tires you'll probably have limited options. The good news is that any tire you'll find will probably be better than what came on the tractor. I think 4 ply tires came on my Kubota. The last cheap ag tires I bought were 8 ply. They were to replace some 45 year old oem tires.

/ What rear tractor tires to buy? #4  
BKT are good value. There are few ‘bad’ tires out there. See what your local tire shop handles regularly and go from there.

/ What rear tractor tires to buy? #5  
Titans and BKT seem to be the most common around here for replacements.

/ What rear tractor tires to buy? #6  
I got some BKT a couple of years ago after a recommendation from the local tire shop. I did get radials for the better ride. So far so good.

But 2 years on a tractor tire is nothing (I hope) I recently sold my 94 tractor that had the original rear tires. Pretty worn down and didn't have much "tread" left, but they held up well.

/ What rear tractor tires to buy? #7  
I've had good luck with BKT. After 3 years, they are not showing much use.

/ What rear tractor tires to buy? #8  
MY next set will be Trelleborg!!

SR

/ What rear tractor tires to buy? #9  
Have BKTs on my 2 Kubota (M-126X & M-135X) I like them
Have Trelleborgs on my Massey Ferguson 7435. Like them even better

I do not suggest Titan. I had a massive blowout on one of those. Came with one of the Kubota from the factory. Sudden unexpected blowout and Titan promised me a pro rated warranty. That was 6 years ago. Despite calls an emails, they never sent me a penny. They do not stand behind their product, even when they admitted their product failed, could have caused a massive accident and even told me they would send me compensation. Even local Titan tire dealer said the tire was defective.

Last edited: